Chapter 2

Flashing his pearl white, million dollar smile to the surrounding groupies and his entourage was Shia Jackson. Shia was my high school sweet heart. We broke up when he left for college. I guess that football scholarship took him a long way. He just went pro last year. He and the star quarterback Channing Super (another high school classmate of mine) had the Atlanta Falcons running things. Shia looked as beautiful as ever or either my drink was kicking in. The fluorescent lights enhanced his bright butter-cream skin. His big dark brown eyes seemed to glow. (I'm so drunk right now.) His big lips spread fully over his face every time he smiled. I could feel the thin seat of my red thong moisten as I took in ALL of his features. The only thing he had changed was his hair. It was short and neat, the way I liked it.

"Go talk to him," Tink said nudging me.

"No," I answered her back never looking away from Shia's face.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Because," I replied bluntly, my gaze still locked.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed.

"What?" I asked, finally breaking my gaze to look at her.

"He sees you!" she yelled smiling.

"No he doesn't," I said turning my back to him, too scared to know whether Tink was lying or not.

She grabbed my shoulders trying to turn me back around towards him. "NO!" I yelled snatching away from her.

"Um, Honey, excuse me."

I turned around. "The gentleman at that table over there, “he pointed at Shia and his crew, "ordered you another drink."

For a moment I just stared at the waiter like he was dumb. "Um, oh, " I finally replied trying not to smile so hard. I carefully grabbed the piña colada off of the tray. My hands were shaking so ferociously that I had to sit it down to sip. I looked up and attempted a quick glance at Shia. My glimpse turned into a sudden gaze as we locked eyes. He threw his hand up and smiled. I waved back as his entourage looked in my direction. I felt my cheeks swell with redness.

"Now you have to go talk to him," Tink laughed beside me.

"No I don't," I turned to lean on the bar.

"Yeah, whatever. I have to go pee, you rolling?" She asked quickly changing the subject.

"Yeah." 

We bobbed and weaved our way through the crowd wearing their colognes, perfumes and liquors until we reached the stinky bathroom. Tink quickly ran into one of the stalls. I heard her unzip her jumpsuit and reliever herself.