Year 1: One Question Too Many

Isabelle's P.O.V

Today was finally the day I was going to Hogwarts. I had been looking forward to this day for ages. I had packed the night before, so I grabbed my trunk and lugged it down the stairs, where I sat in the Leaky Cauldron and ate my breakfast. The bartender, Tom, grinned at me.
"Someone's excited, first day at Hogwarts?" he asked.
I nodded, my cheeks bulging, I had shoved as much scrambled eggs into my mouth as possible.
"Do you know how to get onto the platform?" he laughed.
I shook my head, confused. What did he mean?
He grinned, "So you have to run through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10, don't worry about hitting it, you'll pass straight through, the muggles don't notice a thing."
I swallowed, grinning at Tom.

I made my way to Kings Cross Station at 10.20. I had spent most of the morning reading, trying to make the time pass quickly, it didn't work. I arrived at the bustling station, at 10.45, just in time for the train. I watched as families ran through the barrier with ease, I bit my lip and made my way forwards, just as a trolley swerved to avoid hitting me. I was caught by the trolley's owner, just before I fell.
"I'm so sorry, I lost control of the trolley." I tall red haired and very attractive boy was smiling apologetically at me.
"No, it's my fault, I spent too long deciding whether or not to go through the barrier." I gave him a shy smile.
He smiled, shaking his head, "It was definitely my fault, and I'm Fred, Fred Weasley by the way."
I smile back, "Isabelle Montmorency, but you can call me Izzy."
His eyes widen a fraction, I was used to it by now, the Montmorency's are known as one of the most pure-blooded families, and one of the richest. We were mostly famous for founding Beauxbatons.
Fred smiles at me, and introduces me to the crowd that had gathered around us, his family. Everyone in the group had red hair, except for a black haired boy, that looked a bit older than me.
Fred gestured to people as he introduced them, "This is my mum, and this is my dad," pointing to the two adults.
"Mr and Mrs Weasley, it's a pleasure to meet you." I responded. They both shook my hand.
Fred continued to introduce everyone, "That prat is my brother Percy, he's in fifth year, and a prefect, so you have to watch out for him."
Percy scowled at him, "A pleasure Isabelle, I do hope that being from a good family means that you will abide by the rules, unlike my brothers."
I was taken aback by his bluntness, but nodded, "I have a great respect for rules. They are there for a reason."
Percy seemed satisfied with this answer, and turned away to talk to his father, I turned and winked at Fred. I loved breaking rules, just pranking mainly, although my Aunt warned me that my temper could get me in trouble.
"This is my brother George," Fred gestured to his twin, "We're both in fourth year, and this is Ickle Ronniekins, he's only in second year."
"My name is Ron," Ron's face had turned as red as his hair, "This is my friend Harry, Harry Potter."
The black haired boy gave me a shy wave, I waved back.
"And this is Ginny, she's in first year." Fred pointed to the small red headed girl, who gave me a huge smile.
"So what year are you in? I'm guessing third, you're a Montmorency, so I assume you're a transfer from Beauxbatons, although you don't have a French accent." Percy began babbling.
"Actually I'm a first year." I mumbled.
Everyone stared at me.
"You sure as hell don't look like one," George said, Mrs Weasley glared at him, shutting him up.
"Why don't you go to Beauxbatons, if you don't mind me asking?" Mr Weasley was looking at me curiously.
"Well, I got accepted, and my parents went to school here..." I replied uncomfortably
Mr and Mrs Weasley nodded, too polite to ask any more questions. Fred opened his mouth to say something, but one look from his mother kept him quiet.
Fred grabbed my arm, smirking, "The easiest way to get onto the platform is to run, I'll help you."
I blushed. He broke into a run, pulling me with him. My heart felt like it was going a million miles an hour when he gave me a crooked smile, before we passed through the barrier.

Fred and George had to go find their friend Lee, so they left me and Ginny to find a compartment. We opened one to find a bushy haired girl reading a book.
"Hermione, do you mind if we sit here?" Ginny asked.
The girl looked up from her book, "Not at all, sit down, please."
The train started to move, and quickly began gaining pace.
"Nervous?" Ginny asked, I nodded, rocking back and forth.
Hermione gave me a kind smile, "Don't worry, you'll both be fine, I'm Hermione Granger by the way."
I smiled at her, "I'm Isabelle Montmorency, but you can call me Izzy."
Her jaw dropped, "Montmorency? As in the founders of Beauxbatons Montmorency??"
I nodded, my face turning red.
"Sorry, I've read a lot about your family, you'd think that I'd be better at keeping calm around famous people, considering I'm friends with Harry Potter."
I smiled, "Its fine," My eyes widened as I came to a realization, "Where are Ron and Harry?"
Hermione looked up confused, "You know them too?"
"I met them at the station, they showed me how to get onto the platform." I said
"They're probably in another carriage, we'll see them at the sorting." said Ginny calmly.
We chatted for most of the journey, Hermione was a second year in Gryffindor, as were Ron and Harry. All the Weasley's were in Gryffindor, Ginny was hoping to be in Gryffindor too.
"Why are you at Hogwarts?" asked Hermione abruptly.
"Ahh... What?" I was taken aback.
"I'm curious." She shrugged.
I sighed, "I got accepted because both my parents went to Hogwarts."
Hermione nodded, "What houses were they in?"
"I don't know." I lied.
"How do you not know? Did you not ask them?" Hermione kept pressing for answers.
"My mother is dead and my Dad left her when I was born." Maybe this would shut her up.
"I'm so sorry," she said, "So who do you live with?"
I was pissed off, but she wouldn't leave me alone, "My Aunt."
"And your mum's sister doesn't know what house she's in?" She just kept going.
"She's my mother's cousin, my mother was an only child." I responded.
"Why did your mother go to Hogwarts?"
I stood up suddenly. I pulled my trunk from the overhead racks.
"It was nice meeting you Hermione." I snarled, "Bye Ginny." I said in a much softer tone.
I slammed the door behind me.
I could hear Ginny talking, "Could you not see that she was uncomfortable? Your curiosity got the better of you."

I sat in an empty compartment. I had already snapped on my first day, and I hadn't even gotten to school yet! I sighed, stretching my legs out, so I took up most of the seat. I stayed like this for the rest of the journey, except when I got changed into my robes. I left the train when we arrived. It was night time so I could barely see a thing, but I could see Hogwarts, atop a huge hill. The black stone castle was magnificent, the windows glowing with light, reflecting off the lake all the first years were standing at the pier of.
It turns out that the first years went on boats to the castle, after learning this, I was hyped up once again.
"No more'n four ter a boat" There was a large man named in charge.
I got into a boat with a snooty girl named , small boy named who kept trying to take photos of me, until I threatened to throw his camera in the lake and Ginny, who instantly apologized for Hermione.
"It's fine, a lot of people want to know why I'm here, and I just don't want to talk about it." I shrugged.
We were taken to a huge pair of wooden doors, where we were informed by a stern looking woman, who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, Head of Gryffindor and Transfiguration teacher. I was hyperventilating by then, and I almost fainted when we were taken into a huge hall. There were four tables each decorated with different colours representing the different houses, Red and Gold was Gryffindor, Blue and Grey was Ravenclaw, Yellow and Black was Hufflepuff, and Green and Silver was Slytherin. I saw Fred smiling at me from the Gryffindor table. I looked down at my feet, blushing.
Then Ginny poked me in the arm, just as McGonagall called, "Isabelle Montmorency."
I made my way up to the stool where a hat that would put me in a house sat. I gave Ginny a half smile, she grinned and gave me a thumbs up. I took a deep breath, sat down, and put the hat on my head, dreading what would come next.
'Why don't you want to be in Slytherin? You belong there and you know it.' said a small voice in my ear.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters, I only own Isabelle Montmorency and any other characters I create.