Year 1: Tapping At The Window

This is set a few weeks before the prologue, and the girl in the picture is Isabelle, just imagine her with emerald green eyes though.

Isabelle's P.O.V

My cousin tried to dodge the ball, only to fall off her broom. I laughed my head off as I watched Angelique moan about the state of her blonde and pink hair. "Are you sure you're okay Angie??" I asked.
Angelique giggled, "Oh please Izzy, I've survived worse, but my 'air is covered in dirt!"
They were joined on the ground by my other cousins, the twins, Gabriel and Frederic.
"I'm so sorry Angie, Frederic 'as a really bad aim," said Gabriel.
Frederic glared at his twin, while muttering, "Like you're any better."
"Come on," I sighed, "It is dinnertime anyway."
We headed up to the huge manor house atop the hill where we were greeted by a beautiful middle aged woman, my Aunt, Angie and the twins' mother.
I grinned at her, "Auntie Corinne!! Have the letters arrived yet?!"
I could barely contain my excitement.
Aunt Corinne gave me a wry grin, "Not yet, but I suspect zat zey'll be 'ere soon."

I was waiting impatiently for my acceptance letter for Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I knew I would be accepted, it would be scandalous if I didn't, and after all, the Montmorency's were the founders of Beauxbatons. I dragged Angie to the window, where we sat chattering about the letters they were to receive.
"What 'ouse do you want to be in??" Asked Angie, "I want to be in Sagesse, just like my mother."
I gave her a half smile, "I don't know, my mother didn't go to Beauxbatons, so it's not like I can follow in her footsteps."
Angie grimaced, I didn't like talking about my mother. "You really miss her don't you?"
I sighed, "I wish I could, but I don't know her, she died when I was so young I don't even remember her, Auntie doesn't talk about her much. The only person she talks about less is my pig of a father who left when I was born."
Angie didn't know how to respond, everyone knew to stay quiet when I was mad.

We were beginning to get impatient, it had been 10 minutes and the letters of acceptance for Beauxbatons still hadn't arrived yet.
"What the hell is taking so long?" I exclaimed. Aunt Corinne laughed, "Maybe you should let ze owls pecking at ze window in."
Angie squealed and rushed over to the window to let a tawny owl and a barn owl in. The tawny owl dropped two letters into Angie's hands. The Barn Owl dropped one letter into my hands. Angie beamed, passing me one of the letters. I looked at the two letters, on the back of one, the Beauxbatons seal was branded into the wax, while the on the other, was a seal I didn't recognise.
"Izzy, what 'ave you got zere??" Aunt Corinne asked.
"I'm not entirely sure," I replied, "I've got my Beauxbatons letter, the other one has a seal I don't recognise."
Aunt Corinne took a look at the letter, her eyes widened when she came across the seal. She went into the study, still holding the letter. When she came out, the letter was torn open in her hand.
"Not to worry, we simply got someone else's mail." she said.
"But it had my name on the front," I was confused.
"The letter on ze inside is addressed to Isabella Montgomery. I suspect zere was a mix up." Aunt Corinne said, with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I will be sending it off in ze morning to its rightful recipient."

I was curious about the letter. I was sure that it was mine, but why would Aunt Corinne hide it from me? That night I crept down the stairs and into her study. There, in the middle of the desk sat the letter. I tiptoed towards the letter and picked it up off the desk. I was right, the letter was addressed to me. Upon reading the rest of the letter, I understood why my aunt was hiding the letter from me, and I also knew that she had no right to.

The next morning Aunt Corinne announced that we would all be going to Ruelle Achats in Paris to get our school books.
Angie squealed, "Finally!! I love ze city, I 'ate being stuck out in ze French countryside." Frederic and Gabriel rolled their eyes, everyone knew that she just wanted to be close to the shops so she could go whenever she wanted.
"Does everyone 'ave zere booklists?" asked Aunt Corinne.
"Yep!" exclaimed Angie
"I 'ave mine." said Frederic
"Do I 'ave to bring mine? Can't you just buy two of everyzing on Frederic's list?" asked Gabriel.
Aunt Corinne made a tsk tsk sound, "Of course not, you're in fourth year now, and you need to learn to be responsible."
Archer pouted, and picked his list up off the living room coffee table.
"What about you Izzy, 'ave you got yours?" Aunt Corinne questioned.
"I'm not going to Beauxbatons." I responded coldly.
"Don't be silly Izzy, where else would go to school?" Angie asked.
I glared at her Aunt, my mind filled with rage and replied, "Hogwarts, just like my mother."

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters, I only own Isabelle Montmorency and any other characters I create.