5) ISN'T SHE LOVELY?

Peter wasn't sure for how long he had been awake, watching the girl wrapped around him. Nothing had happened last night other than Peter asking Quinn to tell him more about herself, what she liked or what she disliked; it didn't matter as long as he got to know her. She agreed as long as he told her about himself in return. They shared secrets, funny childhood memories, and stuff that interested. Peter even found himself telling her about his twin Wanda and how she was a mutant too, with powers that were similar to Quinn's. It seemed to him that they would get along and maybe Wanda would 'approve', if he ever decided to act upon these feelings he felt himself getting. Peter never bothered to slow down before and then this happens; the time travel, the Pentagon breakout happening soon, and then he saved her life. He heard Logan talking to Charles and Hank about what happened to Quinn in the original timeline, yet he didn't know what happened after she was shot and thanks to his super speed saving her in time, it'll never happen. The thought alone makes him feel a sense of comfort that his powers were used to do something good instead of his usual tendencies.

"I'll never let anything happen to you." He says in a hushed tone, his hand delicately ghosting over the side of her face. The gesture causes Quinn's nose to scrunch in confusion, but stays sleeping nonetheless. He looks at the clock hanging on the wall and sees there's 10 minutes until 11 a.m.

He gently gives Quinn a shake and when that doesn't work, a flick to the nose is attempted but Quinn grabs his wrist halfway, opening her eyes.

"Not a chance." She smiles up at the silver haired boy, sleepiness clouding her expression.

"I'll get you. Just wait." Peter reaches for his shirt as Quinn unwrapped herself from him, slipping on the band tee. Quinn looks at it, laughing to herself.

"Jim Croce, hm? Just like I suspected." She gets up from her side and walks over to her closet.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Peter says defensively. He didn't know whether she meant it as a compliment or an insult.

"It's supposed to mean that I made a guess about you and I was right."

"I'm sorry." Peter apologized, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. Quinn shrugged at him.

"It's okay." She smiles, leaving the room shortly after. Peter sighed into his hands once he was sure that she was out of earshot.

"She's way out of my league." He mumbled into his hands.

____________

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Quinn sat next to Logan, leaning over his shoulder to look at the map of the Pentagon.

"Hank, Charles, you, and I are going with the tour but you'll eventually go with Peter. Hank is going to hack the cameras while you slip from the tour group. You'll be on the look out for Peter incase he messes up and you might have to fix it. And knowing him, he probably will." Quinn laughed and an offended Peter scoffed at the last part.

"Lighten up. At least you get to spend time with me." She said quietly, nudging Peter's side. He smiled fondly at her.

"Not so bad then."

"Get a room or pay attention." Charles not-so-subtly called him out, rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry Charles, I got him handle." Quinn promised, playfully winking at him. Peter snorted from his spot next to her.

"Not even close." He leaned over and rested his chin on her shoulder, looking into her eyes.

"You wish you could stop this," He gestured to his body and trapped her in his hold, one arm around her shoulder. Logan watched the interaction between the two, remembering they act this way as adults in the other timeline. He was afraid of messing up any potential connection between these two by allowing them to meet before it's meant to be, but maybe he helped them out instead.

____________
AUTHORS NOTE
Peter and Quinn aren't even dating but they're so cute sigh.