Chapter 7: A Tempting Escape

Start from the beginning

Turning around she began to pad back to where her cage was, ready to get the electricity again, hoping she would be able to hold it for the time it took her to free the other dragons. However, as she turned, she froze, spotting the very thing she had hoped to avoid. A young male human was standing, frozen, watching her with shock. Where had he come from?

Before the dragoness had a moment to react he turned, nearly tripping over his feet as he raced back to a smaller door at the other end of the corridor. Silver cursed loudly and flung a tail spike after the human, aiming for his leg in order to cripple him, but in her hurry she missed, sending the spike narrowly past the boy's waste and into the wall. The boy cried out alarm, darting like a rabbit, before reaching the door and escaping behind it.

She cursed again, looking up and flinching as the sound of an alarm blasted throughout the room. She glanced at the waking dragons as they were startled by the sound, before turning and racing toward the opening into the next hallway.

"Sorry," she whispered to the dragons around her, knowing they wouldn't hear her.

She turned a rather sharp corner, grunting as she hit the wall, but was soon up on her feet again and raced forward again, not exactly knowing where she was going, but knowing she needed to get out of there as quickly as possible.

"This is a lockdown," bleared a voice from a loudspeaker, "Code red. Dragon escape. Everyone return to your areas while we recapture the creature."

Silver growled slightly. She was no creature, and she would show them just what they were dealing with. She turned around another corner only to find a metallic wall that slammed down from the roof with a large amount of force. She grunted, leaping back in fright. She glanced around, hearing footsteps of humans running toward her. Taking a deep breath the dragoness caused her wings to become razor sharp once again and swung it at the wall. It was made from hardened steel, and even with her elronium it would be difficult to break through.

Snarling she sharpened her tail around and stabbed it, managing to create a small hole to the other side. She attacked the wall almost desperately trying to break through. She wouldn't be caught again, and by the sounds of the footprints they were closing in on her from both sides.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to break through in time she focused on the metal of her tail. It moved shifting into what looked like a serrated chainsaw blade. She pressed it against the metal door and it started whirring, the metal moving around her tail to make it spin, cutting through the steel wall far easier.

After about twenty seconds the dragoness had a hole big enough for her to fit through, and she leapt through, grunting as she scraped her leg on the sharp edges of the cut steel. The humans behind her watched as her tail disappeared, talking excitedly amongst themselves as they hoisted their weapons and ran after her.

The dragoness turned around and blasted a large amount of elronium into the hole she had created, managing to fill it with a thin layer of her metal. Knowing it would hold she turned around to study the room she was in, and her eyes widened in surprise. This was the place they gave dragon's food and baths. There were many metal doors big enough to fit a dragon through and glass windows at some, revealing the bath water. The only problem with this place was there was no alternate way in or out of it.

The wall she had cut through suddenly began to creak and move upwards again. She growled in annoyance and turned, racing through the hallway until she reached the end, butting her head against a door and throwing it open, before racing inside. She closed the door with her tail and melded it shut with elronium. That should hold them... for a small while at least.

Turning around she studied the white room, looking desperately for a way to escape, her hope dwindling. She couldn't end it like this, she needed out. There had to be away. She leapt over the water to the control panel that each of the rooms shared and studied it. There was only one button that she knew what it did, and that was the food button, the one that dropped a dead deer from a hole in the roof.