Aftermath.

You decided to go back to the bar, only to find that Law, Bepo and most of the crew from earlier went back to the submarine, which was typical of them. They never stay out late. Leaving Jean Bart and very few crew members who could still handle their drink.

You went over to the bar and ordered a drink before picking a seat in the corner, away from your crew and away from the small amount of customers that didn't mind being in the company of pirates. Just so you could actually process what just happened.  

You sigh into your drink, taking a sip. You aren't going to let some stupid guy destroy you. You force a smile and look over to the crew. They were all watching you curiously and Jean Bart signals for you to come over. You decide, hell, why not? Getting up from your seat you join them.

"Did you find him?" Jean Bart asks, downing his sake.

"Oh, yeah. I found him." You hum, before challenging the big guy to a drinking contest. And to your surprise, you won it.

You both went to 6, still standing. To 10, wobbling a little but still stood. 13, vision blurring but still standing. 19? You're using the table as a support but Jean Bart was out cold

Sure, maybe it wasn't fair since he'd been drinking longer than you. But it's whatever. You won't be the one carrying him back to the submarine so it wasn't your problem. However the few crew members that were crazy enough to stay at the bar with you both couldn't say the same.

Once you'd set foot on the deck, all those feelings came back, that depression.

"I understand if you want to leave the crew now..." A voice came from behind, startling you and making you turn with a glare. But seeing it was only your Captain, you drop the glare and smile.

"Nah. Sure it's a little raw right now, but everything heals, right, doc?" You slur a little from the alcohol and causing the Captain to nod slowly.  

"You should rest. Your old room is just how you left it." You're about to thank Law until more voices reach your ears. Some sound like men cheering and singing. Yet there's another.

"Captain, I think Penguin's nose is broken!" Shachi calls out as he approaches the submarine, you decide it's time to rush to your room, hearing Law mumble from behind you as you retreat.

"What did you do..."  

************************

The next morning, you see Penguin, it felt a little awkward but thankfully he keeps his distance, his nose wrapped in bandages was an amusing sight for you. The whole crew knew that you did that to him and they all found it simply hilarious. None of them shamed you. Although, a few said that Penguin got what was coming to him. 

Maybe they were never against me, like I thought... 

The following weeks Penguin tried to get on good terms with you again, but you weren't ready to be friends with him. You'd be civil if you had to but you will never give him the chance to worm his way back in.

Trafalgar Law even took you with him to ally with the Straw Hats, when getting back to the crew, Bepo had even told you how Penguin was jealous because of the possibility of meeting someone else there. 

As uninterested in him as you were, you still liked that he was now the one waiting on the submarine, feeling the pain you did. While you live it up.