Captain Badass

Upon entering the bar, you spot the Heart Pirates instantly. Well, half of them anyway. There's the few that already have girlfriends or just don't care for any of it. This including Bepo, Jean Bart and your Captain, Trafalgar Law. But no Penguin and no Shachi. You hesitantly approach the table, instantly catching the eyes of your fellow crew members.

"Hey...Where's Penguin?" you ask dryly, already knowing the answer. But what pisses you off most is how they all look away from you and don't say a word. Do they think that if they pretend you're not there, that you will vanish? You can feel your face heating up from both anger and humiliation. That is until you realize that your Captain, Trafalgar Law hasn't averted his gaze. His eyes still locked on yours, he's clearly reading your emotions. You know he'll tell you, he might be sadistic but not to his crew. He respects them and he has always told you the truth no matter how harsh it may be and you didn't mind that, it beat being lied to or being made to feel like you didn't exist. 

"Captain, please..." you mutter with what's left of your breath, already feeling your heart sinking as you await an answer.

Little to your knowledge, your Captain knew that look in your eyes all too well. A broken heart. Sure, he's never been cheated on, hell, he's never even been in a relationship. But he's had that pain himself. Perhaps being cheated on and having someone you love die is different but a broken heart is the same no matter how it got that way.  

However, Law just closes his eyes and shrugs his shoulders, implying he knows nothing which only makes you feel all the more betrayed. He was the only one you thought you could trust to have the balls to be straight with you, but he let you down. Or so you believe before he finally decides to talk. 

"I believe you have an inkling, [f/n]-ya." his voice was as calm as always, it was obvious that he wanted you to know the truth but his loyalty as a Captain was with both you and Penguin. Sure he doesn't agree with what Penguin is doing but he respects his crew too much to meddle in their relationships. However, you're also a member of his crew and Penguin's constant cheating is depressing you, which wouldn't usually be his business. However when you're not putting your all into a fight and getting hurt because your mind is somewhere else, it was becoming his business. Besides, reminding you that you've got an inkling isn't meddling, is it? Well, Trafalgar Law thinks not. 

"Yeah, I do..." you smile a little at the realization that not everyone is against you. You turn on your heel, heading to the door. "Thanks, Captain." you make sure to throw in before leaving the bar, the second you step outside you instantly hear the rest of the crew suddenly finding their tongues.

"C-Captain! Are you sure that was a good idea?" Bepo yells out, a few others agreeing that it was a bad idea.

"I only told her what she already knows." Law replies boredly, instantly silencing everyone else.