Water is Evil Part 2: Attack of the Tentacles

Začít od začátku

"Wait, you really thought Nagisa was a girl?! Hah!"

"But you see where I'm coming from, right? Right?!"

The water, though not ever going above your knees, leaves you exhausted, and you go to bed immediately after finishing your homework. You're so tired, in fact, that you wake up late the next day. Looking at your clock, you yell, "Oh crap, I'm late!"

You run down the sidewalk, and almost run into Gakushuu.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N), I found your umbrella –"

You brush past him, barely looking his way. "No time to say 'Hello', goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

Gakushuu watches you run off, bewildered. "Who does she think she is, the White Rabbit?" He paused. "Wait, does that make Karma the Red Queen? And, more importantly, doesn't that make me Alice?" He puts your umbrella, the one that had been taken by the wind, over his shoulder, contemplating what he had seen unfold before him. He decides to pretend it didn't happen.

You slide open the door to the classroom. "Oh thank God, I'm on time." But your celebration is cut short when spray from a bug bomb goes off in your face. When your vision clears, you see a red-faced Koro-sensei yelling at Terasaka, and you sigh.

"I really wish I had been late," you mutter.

"You're a monster, you hear me?" Terasaka yells at Koro-sensei. "A freak of nature!"

"Oh, so Terasaka's finally snapped," you sigh, earning a glare from him. If he wasn't still going off at Koro-sensei, he might have directed his rage at you. But, since he was still quarreling with the octopus, you simply head to your seat and sit. Karma, unsurprisingly, begins to taunt him, and you're honestly not sure which boy you support. So you instead opt out of paying attention and attempt to doze off.

Terasaka storms out, and Karma smirks.

Forgetting his position for a moment, Karma leans on the desk next to yours and says, "Hah, (Y/N), did ya see what I...." He sees that you don't even acknowledge him, and trails off, "What I... what I did there...."

The day continues uneventfully, and the following day you come to class to find your teacher dealing with what looks to be a cold.

"Okuda, you're good with chemistry, right?" you say. "I don't suppose you can identify what is coming out of Koro-sensei right now?"

Okuda looks at the yellow substance coming out of what Koro-sensei claimed to be his nose, and shook her head, looking somewhat horrified. "I do not know, nor do I want to find out."

You nod, equally disturbed by the sight. "Fair enough, fair enough."

Your disgust-induced stare is disturbed when Terasaka bursts in and challenges Koro-sensei. "Come to the pool after class! That goes for you guys, too, if you want to watch me do him in!"

Maehara stands up. "And just why should we? Dude, you're the last person I'd support in this class." Many of the others nod in agreement, and Terasaka leaves once more, merely saying he was glad he wouldn't have to share the prize money.

Honestly, you're sort of interested in what he plans to do. Most of the class declare that they don't want to go, but Koro-sensei, covering the floor in his snot, encourages them to go anyway. Despite your interest, you make the decision to not go.

"I'd rather avoid the water," you explain to Kaede when she asks why you aren't leaving with the class.

"Oh, no, I get it," she says, smiling. "I can't even swim, so maybe I'll stay back with you."