A good day to die

Start from the beginning

"Shh!" he hushed me. "Someone might hear!"

"Oh sorry! We wouldn't want that..." I said giggling and rolled my eyes.

"See, there's that beautiful smile again, good thing I fixed you," he said and kissed me.

"Yes, job well done and thank you. Now, feed me Seymour, I'm hungry!" I said cocky and laughed.

He just bent his head to the side and offered me his carotid artery with a crocked smile and one of the eyebrows suggestively high up. "Come on now vampire girl," he whispered and I just had to set my teeth in to his neck, well just a little nibble of course. In a flash he had pinned me against the bed with his fangs against my neck and I was dead still, scared even to breathe. "Breakfast..." he breathed.

He kissed me on the neck and pulled me on my feet so fast that my head swooned. "I make your knees weak?" He swooped me up in his arms and was heading for the door when I protested.

"Stop, let me down!" I yelped.

I needed to use the bathroom and we both better put some clothes on before we showed ourselves downstairs. It was lucky I did go to the bathroom, because when I looked in the mirror I noticed I had blood smeared on my face. I wondered how Elena would have reacted if I had met her like that, or Stefan.

Damon waited for me, sitting on the bed watching TV and at that moment I decided to go for it. I would not dwell anymore about which life was real and what was fiction. This gorgeous man was smirking at me and my stomach was filled with butterflies; I was just going to skydive straight into this fantasy.

"I think you look a little too decent now." He smirked, shut the TV off, reached me a hand and we walked down to Stefan and Elena.

"Hey, you survived the night," Stefan said smiling as he met us in the parlour. "Not even a bite mark?" he asked as he inspecting the neck.

"Not on me..." I giggled as we made our way into a big old kitchen, where all the appliances were fairly new, but the style suited this grand old building perfectly. I had never seen the kitchen on TV, but I had to remind myself to stop thinking about 'the real life'.

Damon was starting to make bacon and eggs for my breakfast, but I complained. "Don't you have just some bread or cereal? I'm not used to that kind of breakfast," I explained. "But it was really sweet of you." I regretted my complaints and immediately felt bad.

Elena showed up in the huge kitchen. "Wow, it smells fantastic." She drew in the aromas.

Damon laid his arm around her shoulders. "And it's just for you, my dear," he said to her smiling face. She was suddenly aware of my presence and pulled out of his embrace with a guilty look toward me. Stefan looked a bit harsh and I wondered how they were doing; how the two of them were coping with all the drama around all the time.

Obviously a lot had happened that I knew nothing about.

Stefan picked some cereal, milk, and a bowl from the cupboard for me. "Thanks'," I smiled. He still seemed different and I was wondering what had happened during his time with Klaus. There almost seemed like a mean edge to him that I hadn't noticed before; he even walked different. "I decided we should have some self-defence training for the humans today; what do you say?"

Elena and I looked at each other and smiled; self-defence training could be a good thing, interesting at least. Soon we sat down by the table all four of us; the girls eating breakfast and the boys having themselves a cup of coffee.

"It's quite hard to defend yourself," Elena told me. "Because they're really fast." She smiled and gave Damon a charming smirk.

"I can make Emma really fast too," Damon said and the next second he was standing behind me with my neck in a headlock as if to snap it. "I slipped her some blood," he whispered.