8) Good news!

The next morning Mark was awakened by a beam of sunlight that peered through the corner of the window. He got up to move the blind, making sure the sun wouldn't end up in Celeste's face. She stirred in her sleep, a tiny sigh escaped her lips. He smiled and covered her with the sheet before leaving the room.

He went to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee before calling Jack, who had sent him a text saying saying he needed to talk. Mark couldn't wait to tell him about Celeste being back. He called through Skype. Signe answered, smiling more than ever as she waved.

"Jaaaaack! Mark's on Skype!" She looked so happy. Jack then came running to the computer.

"So? You two seem to be in a good mood. What's the occasion?"

They shared a look while grinning wildly.

"You..." Jack started as he stood up, still holding Signe's hands.

"... Are going to be an uncle!" She stood up, revealing her baby bump.

"Oh my God, that's great! Signe, you're huge! But still beautiful, don't get me wrong. How far along are you?!" He tried not to scream loudly but couldn't hold too much of the excitement.

"Only five months if you can believe it." After she said that, something clicked in Mark's mind.

"Sean William McLoughlin, was that child conceived under my roof? If so, you better make me their godfather." Acting slightly dramatic.

Jack laughed at Mark's tone and nodded.

"Yes, he was. Also, the official godfather is Malcolm. But you can be the honorary one."

"I'm happy with that. It's a boy, then? Do you have a name picked out yet?"

They nod. "Logan."

"Is baby Logan healthy?" Mark asked concerned, considering the past. Jack placed his hands on his wife's stomach.

"Yeah, he's perfect... Part of the reason we didn't tell anyone sooner was because we were afraid that it could happen again. But they both got a clean bill of health just last week and the doc said it was highly unlikely to lose this one like we did last time. We told the family yesterday and we were gonna tell you but you never replied to my text." Jack explained while helping Signe sit down again.

"About that. I have some news of my own... Celeste is back home."

"WHAT?!" The couple screamed.

"How is she? When did she return? Where is she now?!" Signe couldn't help but interrogate Mark after hearing his news.

"She's alright. Still in bed. And the reason why I didn't answer last night was that I finally got a good night sleep. Having her next to me again put me at ease."

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?!"

"I don't really want anyone to know she's back until the kids see her. Then I'll post about it on Facebook so everyone knows at once. Well, except you guys and Arin and Suzy. They brought us home after the case was closed."

He then proceeded to explain everything that happened yesterday so they didn't ask her anything once she woke up.

"...She was snoring, which means she was in a deep sleep--"

"Mark Edward Fischbach, I do not snore. Stop lying." Celeste said as she leaned up against the doorway.

"I'm not lying. You snore! I've been telling you so for years."

"You need to record her so she believes you!" Jack yelled through the monitor.

Celeste's smile went from ear to ear. "Hey guys! It's great to finally see you guys again!" She exclaimed.

She sat down in Mark's lap and they all talked for hours, telling Celeste what she's missed. Upon learning that Signe was pregnant, she freaked out and even cried a bit. The joy overwhelmed her, she knew how hard it had been for them.

"So? When are you going back to Ohio?" Signe asked.

"I packed all of her things last night. We should be leaving tomorrow. We'll show up and surprise! Mommy's back!"

"We should do the same thing with my parents. Tell them you're taking the kids so they can spend time with them and then they see me when they open the door." Celeste suggested excitedly.

"I always said you married a sneaky one, Mark." Jack laughed.

"I always said you married a five year old, Signe." Mark and Signe nodded to Celeste's remark.

"Hey! I am a six year old at heart!" He protested.

"Fine Sean, you're six." Jack wasn't lying when he said she would only call him by his real name. This made him feel even happier. She hadn't changed.