I Am Not Your Doll

You sit on the edge of the double bed you and Peguin shared, alone. The submarine that The Heart Pirates travel on was empty, they had all gone to the pub. Or, so they say. You knew better though. 

Your intuition has been screaming at you ever since they left to go to the bar and see for yourself, you know he isn't there. You silently blame yourself, hell, you know he loves women far too much to be boyfriend material but you just thought that maybe he will change but the ugly truth was beginning to lace itself into your brain. Men like him just don't change. 

And why should you put up with it? That sinking feeling in your stomach every time he went to the 'bar'? Why should you feel stupid for loving someone like him? Why should you sit there and wait for him to come back like a good doormat? Why should you let him come back with that big, stupid grin on his lipstick stained lips? Why should you let him hug you when he stinks of cheap perfume? And more importantly why should you let him make you believe that you were the one who was in the wrong whenever you tried to confront him about it? He always made out you were crazy and it was all in your head, even when you had overheard him say it himself and you would still always eventually fall into believing in him and why the hell should you?

The more you think about it, the more your sadness turns to anger. You've done nothing but give that boy love and that's how he treats you? Lying straight to your face? Messing with your mind and making you feel like you're the wrong one for doubting him? No, not this time. You won't be blaming yourself for this anymore. You weren't forcing him to stay with you, if he was unhappy he could leave but he never did. He's just greedy. And you were too good for someone of that sort.

With your mind made up, you stand up from the edge of the bed, slipping on your boots and putting on a hoodie to keep you warm. Rushing off the submarine and to the local bar. The closer you got, the heavier your feet felt but you'll keep walking because you owe it to yourself.