East of Eden

Ron and Carl had gotten in the habit of practically living with each other. Carl normally got up really late at night and went over to Ron's (now that he lived alone), Ron would wait for Carl every night and they'd watch movies, sleep, eat, cuddle, and whatever else kept them entertained.

So after a day of Ron acting weird and then not being in his house or anywhere around it at two in the morning Carl was a bit worried.

Carl snuck back into his room and quietly paced around on the cold floor. All he could do was wonder where the hell Ron was and when he'd be back.

"You shouldn't have been so mean to him." Daryl's low voice growled. Carl's eyes widened as he starred at his closed door. He faintly heard someone turn on the sink.

"You know he tried to kill me, right?"Rick's voice was calmer than Daryl's but a bit louder. Carl instantly knew they were talking about Ron.

"Rick he was-" Michonne started but Rick cut her off.

"I don't want him around my son."

"We're one big community, not a bunch of little groups. You can't single him out." Michonne sounded more angry this time.

"People make mistakes, Rick. Do you not remember chaining my brother to a roof?" Daryl added.

Enraged Carl decided it was his turn to join the conversation. Whatever Rick did was the reason Ron wasn't at his house. So, he stormed over to his door and flung it open.

"Ron had the right to be pissed at you." Carl spat giving his father the dirties look he could produce. "You killed his dad, you lead us away from the house, you chopped his mom's arm off!"

"We had to!" Rick started to defend himself but..

"No! Don't! Ron had no reason to hate me! I was nice to him! I liked him! We just started getting along again and now he's gone!"

"He's gone?" Daryl stopped the argument.

"He ran away!"

"How do you know?"

"I was just over there!"

"At two in the morning?" Michonne started to scold Carl.

"Doesn't matter! We have to go find him!"

Everyone followed Carl's orders running off to their rooms to get dressed and pack a small bag. Carl might loose his temper easily but it wasn't hard to see how important this was to him.

"No," Carl said as he walked out onto the porch. They all looked to see what he meant. "You're not going." He pointed at his father and lead the small search party in the direction of the gate, walking a little faster than usual.

"You can't tell me what to do."

"This is not your problem!" Carl yelled turning back for only a moment. The commotion caught the attention of Aaron and Eric, who were laying awake watching an old TV show.

"But-" Rick had always hated when his son was mad at him, he'd change everything about himslef as long as he was accepted. The thing was there was always another issue Rick had to deal with. Therefore he was never around. If Rick had the time he would've noticed how much Carl and Ron actually liked each other.

Aaron noticed, although Aaron caught Ron trying to mess with Carl by playing with his neck. In Ron's mind he was just being annoying and straddling the line of friendly and too much, but to Carl it was a glimpse into his dreams. Aaron could tell by the little smile Carl failed at hiding and the dark scarlet blush on his face.