| ١ |

"I don't see anything." The pauper muttered. A sandstorm was due any minute but the promise of riches and gold didn't stop him from turning back.

"Shut it, Malik." Zaghar hissed, brushing sand off from his beard. "It's somewhere nearby."

"You promise I may have a good amount of riches?" Malik picked at his shirt which mainly had holes in them.

"You have my word." Zaghar pushed him a bit. They trudged through the thick sand, their feet slightly drowning. They couldn't venture far or they'd end up in the Radiation Zone and would definitely die.

The sky was an obsidian blanket with millions of stars specking it. The moon loomed menacingly as the two men trodden until they came across a few caves.

"It should be that." Zaghar pointed to the smallest one. They ran over and inspected the opening. It was closed with some sort of hard surface. They dusted off dirt and debris to reveal a metallic door which had them in confusion. Malik tapped something which caused red light to blink.

"There's something here." Malik shouted and Zaghar shoved him aside, removing rocks and sand.

"What is this?" Malik furrowed his eyebrows.

"Shut up." Zaghar hushed him once again before placing a key card over the sensor. Lights flickered on, and a low rumbling sound caused sand to tremble off of surfaces.

"What may the reason be that brings you here?" A feminine voice echoed.

"Great, a stupid robot." Zaghar cursed under his breath.

"What's a robot?" Malik whispered to him.

"State your reason." Zaghar rolls his eyes, ignoring his curiosity about the ancient machine.

Malik cleared his throat before speaking. "I wish to enter."

"Please enter the cave and have your DNA matched. Be warned that you will be eliminated if it doesn't." The robotic female voice echoed again.

Malik glanced at Zaghar, terrified, who shrugged his shoulders. He gulped and entered the doors, spotting a stairwell. Gliding down the stairs, he was stopped before he could go further deeper.

"DNA not matched. A threat must be eliminated."

Malik spun around with a horrific expression and dashed to escape but it was too late. He felt something scorching his skin and found laser beams burning into his flesh. He shrieked though it soon faded as his eyes and brain were next to be aimed at. The lasers soon stopped before he fell limp into the ground, dead. The entire cave shut down and Zaghar watched keenly with his chin on his fist.

"Interesting."

_ _ _

"Your visions are a load of goat shit." Zaghar snarled at the woman reclined on velvet cushions. She moved the cigarette away from her plump lips and answered after blowing.

"Oh really?" She raised her thick, perfect brows. Her emerald-green eyes locked on Zaghar's hazels.

"We need a DNA match. Malik didn't match it at all."