Provocative much?

Start from the beginning

I put the suitcase on my bed and started to put some stuff in it. "How much should I take? I mean, how long are you keeping me as your pet?" But then it hit me. "If something happens to me, they would instantly suspect you, if all my things where gone here. I know here are security cameras." I didn't want to get him in trouble.

He looked at me puzzled. "You don't really know me, and yet you're concerned for my safety if something happens to you?"

I looked at him, just as puzzled, but feeling like an idiot after that statement. He was absolutely right; I should be concerned about myself and my own safety, I was positive he could take care of himself. I just shrugged.

He moved quickly and startled me as he was instantly in front of me, putting his hands on each of my cheeks. "When I saw you yesterday, compassionate was not the first word I thought of." His concerned face turned smiling. "Hot or perhaps delicious, came first," he added with a shrug of the eyes and a grin.

I looked down on the floor, thinking why he would tease me; I did not think of myself as hot. He was this famous actor who had all the girls in the world screaming after him, I thought, but then I remembered; this wasn't the actor after all. I looked up in his blue eyes and nearly lost myself in them.

"Who are you?" he asked soft with his eyebrows puckered tight together.

I blinked. "I'm just Emma, a girl who happened to tumble into your world..." I said shyly, feeling out of breath in his presence. We just looked at each other as if it was a riddle we needed to figure out.

Damon's phone interrupted us just when my eyes started to flicker to his lips, wondering what it would be like to kiss him. Instantly, the moment was gone. "What?!" he answered hard.

Okay, it must be Stefan, I guessed, a bit relieved to get a breath pause, but still disappointed.

"No, I have better things to do, than rescue you all the time," he blurted out, but listened intensely and changed tone of voice. "All right, I'll be there in ten," he resigned and hung up. "Sorry, we need to hurry up. We have to stop by Elena's house to pick something up. Apparently, I'm Damon, the errand-boy..." he mumbled sourly.

I put the suitcase back, quickly picked a few things in my smaller bag and then we were off to Elena's house. Alaric was at the door as soon as we parked the car outside and he was surprised to see me again.

"Emma?" he asked surprised and then turned to Damon. "Got yourself a new fake girlfriend already?"

"No; she's a mascot." Damon avoided the question. "What can I do for you today Rick, since that's my new mission in life," he added sarcastically.

"Elena called about a Klaus-alert and I thought you needed to prepare with some Vervain- and Wolfsbane-granates. Could you take this?" Rick asked and handled me a small bag. Damon stuck out a hand and took it, but dropped it immediately with an array of curses streaming out while shaking his hand. "Ouch!" Damon's hand had already blisters and wounds that looked painful.

"Did I ask you to take it?" Alaric asked cocky. "I accidentally spilled Vervain on it. You can take this." He handled over a bigger bag to Damon.

"So what's the plan?"

"I'll go home and ask my Ripper Douche brother, head of security," Damon answered. I almost inhaled sharply as a image of Stefan with his face covered in blood flickered through my mind. All of a sudden I was barely aware of Alaric and Damon's conversation, as Damon led me to the car.

"Well, call if you need me."

"Not likely," Damon said and we were in the car speeding off again, with weapons in the trunk.