Chapter Twenty Five.

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Westorn just know that this decision needed to be taken. I need to stick up to the rules" She silently nodded.

There was nothing more for her to say so she left Mr. Cortéz's office. Even when she wasn't really showing how panicked she was, Alexandra was almost dying inside. She was unemployed, in Madrid. The first thought that ran through her mind was calling Antonio because well, he was her roommate but he was working and he couldn't deal with her shit. The second thought, well it was French.

She took her phone and quickly dialed Antoine's number. Alexandra was biting her nails as the tones went on.

"Antoine" She didn't even let him say hello as soon as he picked the call.

"Alex? Hey, what's going on?" He was clearly eating something. "Alex?"

She sighed and chewed the inside of her cheek. "Anto they know. The club found out about us and they fired me, I'm out" It was paining her more than it should have.

"What? Alex if this is some kind of joke you're playing with me I swear it's not funny" She wished it was a joke.

"It's not a joke Antoine. Someone took photos of us in the date and sold them to a newspaper or magazine, I don't know. They fired me and I don't know what to do" Alexandra hated to admit it but all she could think about was how her father was –at some point– right.

"Where are you?" She heard he was taking his keys.

"Walking out of the stadium right now"

"I'm picking you up, stay there" Alexandra knew that wasn't a good idea.

"Antoine–"

"Alex, we need to talk about this" He interrupted her. "I'm part of the reason you got fired so I'm going to be there for you"

It's not like she could fight him so Alexandra gave up. Mr. Cortéz would suffer a heart attack if he saw Antoine picking her after she got fired for dating him.

The security guards from the entrance stared at her strangely as she held tightly a box full of her belongings and waited for Antoine outside of the stadium. If Emiliano knew about this he would be telling me 'I told you Alexandra', ugh. She shook her head, probably remembering her father –who indirectly told her she didn't deserve to be part of the Westorn family anymore– wasn't a very good idea.

The world suddenly got a bit better when Antoine's car stopped in front of where she was standing. Alexandra got into it as quick as she could and stared at Antoine. He had a concerned expression on his face.

"Alex I am really sorry, this shouldn't be happening. I should go and talk to Manuel Cortéz about–"

"No, don't do that" She cut him off. Her hand searched for his, Antoine laced their finger together and lifted her hand to place a kiss on it. "Someday was going to happen, we knew that. Maybe it's not the right time but you know, there's always a way for things"

"I am here you know" He gave her a small grin.

Alexandra nodded. "That makes this a lot better" She was still having her own personal battle in her mind. "Can you take me to my apartment? I need to think about a lot of things"

"Mon amour you know you can count on me, right?" Simeone was right, it did affect her more than me, he thought. Antoine hated to see her like that and he hated it even more knowing he was the reason she got fired.

She leaned towards him and stroked his cheek. "I know Anto and you have no idea how much it means to me"

She gathered her lips with his in an attempt to feel better. This time what she was feeling wasn't what she always felt when he kissed her.