Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

As I walk up the drive way, exhausted from a long day at the studio, I notice a familiar car parked in the garage. My heart momentarily freezing - he finally came back, after all these long hard months he came back. My brother, the big and famous Harry Styles came back to our dying mothers and me, his 12 year old sister.

I really don't care for him anymore. He left us when our father walked out, after cheating on our mother, he promised to call after he left for the XFactor but he never did, I have not seen him since I was 10 years old. Now after hearing that our mother has stage 4 lung cancer and is seriously ill, he decides to come back?

Walking through the front door I neatly set down my dance bag and slip off my shoes, I make sure that I don't make a noise in case mums sleeping.

Still not seeing any signs of Harry I quietly walk up the stairs to my room, peeling off my dance leotard and pink ballet stockings and jump straight into the shower washing myself with my favourite vanilla scented body wash. After my nice relaxing shower and getting into my grey joggers and a oversized sweatshirt I make my way down to the kitchen stopping by my mums room I creek the door open to see her sitting agaisnt her headboard looking pale and weak.

"Hey mum, how you feeling?" I gently ask

"Much better today, how was your day?" she asked genuinely interested in how my day was. Since my mother was so ill and I spent so much time in the studio I decided that it would be better for me to be home schooled, its not like I have any friends outside of dance anyway, I was bullied at school for being small and academically clever.

"It was so cool, thanks. We learnt a new group number today for the competition on Saturday and I even got a lyrical solo."

"Ah Issy, that's Amazing! I wish that I was able to come and watch! Can you get Hollys mom to video you for me please?" she asked with a weak smile.

"No problem, what can I make you for dinner?" I ask deciding not to pressure her asking about Harry and why his car is in our drive way, ill just wait and see for myself if he is really here, he might of just left the car here and left again.

"Just plain toast would be great, thank you Issy!"

Just giving a simple nod I continue down the hall passing Harrys old room I hear shuffling, but not wanting to see or talk to him ever again I just continue on to the kitchen to make some dinner for mom and myself seeing as I had so much to do today that I forgot to eat anything after breakfast. Making mum her plain toast and roasting some vegetables for myself - I don't really eat a lot, not that I'm anorexic or anything, I am just never really hungry.

Walking back up to my mums room with her plate of food and a glass of water in hand I start to hear hushed voices talking, already knowing who it is, I put on a blank face calmly walking into the room, l gently place the toast on the night stand next to my mom, avoiding eye contact with both my mother and brother, just as I am about to leave I hear a soft yet raspy voice,

"Issy?"

Just hearing his voice made me want to scream and shout but trying to put on a brave face and not to stress out my mother I replied in the strongest voice I could possibly muster

"You don't get to call me that anymore, its just Isabella to you" and with that I walked out of the door, gently closing it behind me.

Just as I was about to leave I heard Harry asking "Mum, do you think she will ever forgive me, she isn't the same Issy as before, she looks sad and worn out - like she as lost her will to live!" if only he knew how much truth was behind those words.