○Volume 8 - Kiss?

Even while cycling to school, Mike still felt his cheek burning

She kissed him.

On the cheek.

He kept playing the moment over and over in his head, with a blissful smile on his face. Lucas and Dustin were confused as to why he was so happy but guessed it had something to do with Grace. Maybe she didn't like Will in that way.

Maybe she liked him in that way.

                                                                                          ~

Back at the Wheeler house, Grace was explaining the plan to El.

"Alrighty, so basically, we're meeting the guys at the power lines behind Mike's house."

"Power-lines?" "Yeah, they run through the neighbourhood, they give electricity to all the houses." El nodded but she was confused. She was fascinated with Grace. She'd properly met a girl her age before, she was always locked away with the bad people and Papa.

"We'll meet them there at three one five-" "Three - one - five?" Grace remembered the watch. "Yeah, oh hold on, Mike told me to give you this." She pulled it out of her pocket and tightened it around Eleven's wrist. "When those numbers turn to three one five, Mike will meet us at the power-lines, ok?"

"Ok." El smiled at her. Grace seemed to be truly showing her compassion. Of course, Mike was too, but it seemed as if Grace truly had her back.
"Ya know, it's funny. I had my first kiss with wormy little Freddy Banks at those powerlines. Punched him there too." "Kiss?"

"Yeah, a kiss. It's something you give someone you like. Or love. Not in a friendship way, like us. Like, in a romantical way." Grace scrunched up her face knowing that word wasn't real but smiled afterwards. "Like you and Mike?" Grace froze.

 "Like you and Mike?" Grace froze

"Uh,"

"Uh, maybe I uh-" Grace thought about how she kissed him on the cheek. Why did she do that? He looked so cute and couldn't help it. What if he hated her? What if now he was disgusted that she'd even do such a thing that he would ditch her? She calmed down.