Chapter Sixteen: What is your name?

"What is your name?" someone shouts loudly. "Can you even hear me? What is your name? Who gave you this phone?"

I try to respond but nothing more than a blood filled gurgle comes out.

The stranger, a rough looking guy with freakishly dark eyes and a British accent, helps me turn my head as I begin to choke. The taste of my own blood fills my mouth and I feel it begin to run down the side of my face. My lungs are on fire but, for now, I will take the fact that I am still alive as a good sign.

The stranger continues to ask questions but, in my current state, I am having a hard time paying attention. My mind is racing and I am trying to figure out exactly where I am. Exactly how I got here. I remember running from the house, trying to put as much distance between myself and that place as I could. The adrenaline had worn off a few miles out and I had begun to feel the extent of my injuries. After another mile it hurt to much to walk, run or even shuffle. I had resorted to laying down in some random patch of grass on the side of the road.

The phone Ash had given me had somehow managed to survive the entire encounter at the house. I'm not sure who I had called but someone had answered. Could have been Ash. Could have been Dominoes. All I know is I managed to yelp out "help me" before dropping the phone and deciding to take a nap. And by nap I mean passing out from a combination of pain and blood loss.

I am not sure how long I was out but, when I opened my eyes again, I was here with the Brit hovering over me. Also it seems like he was able to move me off the side of the road to some cold warehouse.

"Where is she?" a different, angrier voice growls as I hear the sound of metal doors being flung open. "Where is she? Holy fuck, what the hell happened to her?"

The closer the voice get the dumber I begin to feel for not recognizing it immediately. Then again, I am half dead, so I will cut myself a break.

Ash leans over me and I feel the bottom of my shirt being lifted up. He must be inspecting the cut because I feel a sharp pressure in my chest. It doesn't hurt, which is a bad sign, as much as it feels extremely uncomfortable.

"Has she tried to heal?" Ash questions the Brit.

"Has she tried to what?" The Brit responds. "You have got to be kidding me! This is not what we agreed on when you called in that favor. Tell me I am overreacting. Tell me I am jumping to unnecessary conclusions. Tell me this is not who I think it is."

Ash shoots a frantic look towards his friend before focusing his eyes back on my wound. He chews his bottom lip nervously.

"Ash, tell me this isn't the-"

"Shut up Raph!" Ash yells so deeply that I am half certain the walls of the building actually shake. "She should have healed already. Why isn't she healing?"

The two of them are now hovering over me, the look of concern on their faces are almost identical. I feel like I should be concerned, worried or anything at all but instead I find myself just getting sleepier. Also, I may or may not have resigned myself to death while laying on that grass. Why start worrying now?

Raph presses his fingers to his temples, moving them in small circles as he begins to mumble to himself. He is talking so fast I don't even attempt to try and translate his words.

"Carissimi mei veloces opus. Dimittite peccatum mihi non possum non committo." He repeats the words over and over.

He stops, eyes snapping open to lock onto mine. I hear the sound of fabric ripping as he tears my shirt down the middle.