Chapter 10 Not the best Reunion

Start from the beginning

It's then that I notice, there is another plate.

"Will you be joining me?" I ask hopeful. She shakes her head with a small smile. "The Alpha will be joining you for dinner, he notified me that he will be here soon", she said before leaving the room with a slight bow.

I stare straight ahead shocked. "What?" I whispered under my breath.

He is actually going to take the time to be in the same room with me. I don't know if I should be ecstatic or angry at this. Slowly I sit myself in the chair as I stare at my lasagne.

'What should we do?' my wolf whispers.

"We wait"

I blink my eyes furiously and sit up straight. I will not let our mate see me like this. With that, I look forward with confidence and not a single trace of weakness on my face.

After ten minutes the door is heard throughout the house as it cracks open. A rich smell of trees overpowers the air. A sense of dominance and power rushes through my body.

The Alpha is here is all I can think of as I continue to look forward, while my internal organs melt at his scent.

His thunderous foot step echo around the almost empty house. It's when I feel his presence at the door, that I stiffen, slowly I turn my head.

His brown hair disheveled in all the right ways, his eyes void of any emotion, but still intense on my own. His suit clings to his body perfectly, making him look like some sort of Greek god.

It's then that Roxana decides to walk into the room.

"You may leave" Dxton replies quickly, eyes still on mine. She nods, bowing her head and sends me a comforting smile, before leaving the house.

I take this as my chance and turn towards my lasagne, that is slowly getting colder.

Dxton walks into the room and sits down at the front of the table, which is also next to me. This makes me slightly uncomfortable at how close we are.

He picks up his utensils and begins to eat, I then pick up mine and start.

Just as amazing as I thought it would be. Rich with flavour and just makes you want more. I have to hold back a moan, which Dxton doesn't seem to notice.

Who is almost finished, how? I have no bloody clue. We sit in an uncomfortable silence, neither wanting to break the silence.

When Dxton moves onto seconds I decide to break it.

"What pack work did you have to do?" I ask awkwardly.

"Taxes", he huffs out.

He's lying again my wolf states angrily.

"Liar" I blurt out.

He stiffens and looks me dead in the eye.

"I'm not as dumb as you think Dxton" I say confidently. "something's been up since we left Alpha Moore's pack and it's carried itself here" I state.

His eyes flick with anger before returning to their dark, cold ones, as usual he doesn't respond.

"As future Luna of this pack and your mate I deserve a right to know"

He turns his gaze to his food and continues to eat. "A simple human has no matter in our business" he declares.

"Simple human" I breathe out, shocked with what he just said.

"S-so that's it, I'm just a simple human to you" I say, my voice rising. He doesn't look in my direction or respond in any way possible.

"I can take care of myself more than you think" I whisper standing.

"Oh, excuse me, I have some simple human duties to attend to", I bite out leaving the room.

Once I'm in my room, with a slam of my door, I let out a frustrated scream.

Dxton has to be one of the worst mates in the world! he seemed so... so much better when we where at Alpha Moore's, but now that we are here he is a complete ass!

He has turned into another weight added to my shoulders, when he is meant to be the one helping me take them off.

This whole thing about mates being the best thing ever wasn't what I had in mind. Which doesn't surprise me, since I'm always let down.

I can never trust people, And now, I can't trust my mate.

••••

I wake as a chilling breeze that coats my feet. Yawning, I get up seeing the doona off of my, now cold, feet.

Sighing, I get up and start getting dress. I put on a simple blue flannel and ripped jean shorts, my cold feet now warm by my ugg boots.

Once I'm dressed and out of the room, I instantly sigh, he's still here.

Quickly ignoring the overpowering scent, I walk down to breakfast.

"Good Morning, Luna"

Roxana smiled at me warming as she makes waffles and omelettes. "Morning Roxana and please Tia is fine"

She looks behind me pointedly, I follow her gaze to the dinning room.

"There is some food in the dining room", she says drawing my attention back to her I nodded as I send her a small smile before heading to the dining room.

The smell of bacon and waffles cloud my nose as I stare at the amazing looking food, until I feel eyes on me. I look up seeing Dxton looking at me with the slightest hint of amusement within his eyes.

Blushing, I sit down in the same spot as yesterday and start to load my plate.

Silence spreads across the room as we eat our breakfast. Images of last night flicker across my mind making me mentally groan, not the best way to start a reunion.

"Your Luna ceremony will take place in three days", Dxton says gruffly.

I freeze mid bite at this. I put my fork down and look at him. "Your kidding right?" I ask.

"Why would I?" he answers.

'This is bad! our blood will blow are cover! why didn't we think of this!' I yell to my wolf.

'Not only him but his entire pack will find out!' I quickly say before she could respond.

'We could run away' she says softly with a small whimper, 'We're a danger here anyway.'

I rethink her words over and over again in my head, its near impossible, but it may just work.

"Luna?"

I blink and look up seeing Roxana with the rest of the food that is quickly disappearing.

"Yes?"

She looks at me wearily. "You zoned out again dear" she whispers, even though Dxton can hear her perfectly. "Sorry"

She nods, "it's fine, but your food is getting cold" she says pushing my plate towards me more.

"Oh, uh, thank you" I say smiling at her.

What am I going do...