Chapter 16 - Nico Beach

Start from the beginning

I hear Nico chuckle, but when I turn around to look at him, he's looking at me like he wants to tear my clothes off. I can't handle it anymore and head to the bathroom. I take a deep breath as I change out of my pajamas and grab a few toiletries to pack in my bag.

I'm still flushed when I re-enter my room. Nico is patiently waiting on my bed. Something feels different about tonight. Like the air is extra charged or something.

I walk towards him and place my bag on the floor. "Ready?" he asks me.

I nod and he surprisingly pulls me towards him on the bed. I yelp as I fall on his lap, and he laughs as he positions me on top of him.

"I have something important to tell you," he says very seriously, and I literally feel my heart stop.

"Okay," I say, trying to keep my composure.

He looks like he's considering something, but then shakes his head. "We can stay here if you want. I know the last few weekends we've spent it at my place, but I want you to know that I equally enjoy staying here with you."

"I like it more at your place," I admit. "It makes me feel like I'm on vacation."

"Vacation?" he asks surprised.

"I know, it's silly. I just like the feeling of being somewhere else. It's like I can relax, and I don't have to think about other stuff. When I'm here that doesn't really happen."

"Okay, but just so you know, the offer still stands anytime you want. I happen to have some very nice memories here that I wouldn't mind revisiting."

"Nico!" I gasp, knowing exactly what he's referring to. It's ridiculous how many times he can get me flustered in one night.

He smiles at my reaction. Sometimes I think he just likes getting a rise out of me.

"So where would you like to go on vacation? Like if you could choose a place for real," he asks me curiously.

It takes me a while to come up with an answer. I can't remember the last time I went on a vacation. "The beach," I finally respond.

"Which beach?"

"Doesn't matter. As long as it's hot, I'm good."

His eyes light up and his lip curls up into a grin. "In that case, you should also pack a bikini."

Oh lord, what is he planning now? He's not taking me to an actual beach, is he? It's not possible. The closest beach from here is at least five hours away. My mom has surprisingly given me a lot of liberty lately, but I don't think that includes driving off to the beach somewhere in the middle of the night.

"Just trust me," Nico says. "It's nothing crazy, I promise."

I'm extremely giddy the entire drive to his house. For a minute I actually consider there's a hidden fake beach somewhere on this property, but that idea is completely ridiculous. It must be something else.

He tells me to change into my bikini and wait in his room while he goes to check on something. The mystery and surprise of what he's doing has my nerves accelerating. I head to his bathroom and quickly change, giving myself a pep talk to not feel self-conscious about how I look. He's already seen me in my underwear so it shouldn't matter. But somehow it does.

I'm so glad I shaved this morning in the shower, otherwise I would be seriously freaking out right now. I soon realize I should have brought a cover-up or something. There's no way I'm heading out there in just this. I look through my bag of clothing and end up going for the short shorts and a top. It was a good thing he told me to pack my pajamas after all.