Blood and Dresses

Start from the beginning

"Oi!" She complained, ripping the pink material from her now messy hair.

"Sorry, Pavarti!" Ginny squeaked, sinking lower to the floor slightly. And at the same time, we all looked down at my dress, which, thanks to Ginny, was sprawled across the floor. All I saw was blue and black before I straightened it out, and then I stared in utter shock at the perfection. 

The dress was an electric blue strapless with snowflake-specked black lace covering it from a few inches of the bust down; yet the brilliant sky colour still peeked out, but through grey. Just above the lace, lay a jet black bow on the side. The ribbon from it wrapped around the ribcage area and concealed the beginning of the grey and black lace.

Nobody bothered to say anything, and I swore I had seen every girl in the room stare at my dress laying flat on the floor.

"Whose is that?" Someone asked.

I slowly raised my hand.

"Keep your hands off of it, Lavender." Ginny warned.

"I will." The girl replied. "It belongs to a Triwizard chapion."

"Auditore." A voice barked.

I scanned the room for the source, and was unsuccessful. I knew whose voice that was. And when I find her...

"Auditore, you coward. Find me!"

I shifted uncomfortably and Lavender stood, searching the room angrily. "Alright, voice!" She squeaked shrilly. "Don't you dare come closer to that girl! She has the best dress, and you have to admit to yourself that you are not as good as her." She used a few calming hand gestures as she talked, which made me stifle a laugh.

The voice huffed in return.

"I know, I know. I'm jealous, too. But I got over it, and so do y--" She finished the 'you' with a yelp and fell flat on her back. A shadow moved across the room and I called after it furiously.

"Thomson!" I yelled. "Willa, where are you, you invertebrate!"

A crash and a frusturated yell replied. I stood, pulled out my wand, and paced to the brown-eyed ex-friend.

"Hullo." Willa said simply, trying to kick me over. I pointed my wand at her. "Petrificus totalus."

She froze, but I could see her eyes cloud with fury.

"I'll unfreeze you in an hour, after I look better than you." I spat angrily. Walking over to Lavender, I offered her my hand.

"Are you okay, Lavender?" I asked, seeing her pained expression.

She shook her head, her eyes squeezed shut, and probably holding back tears.

"What's hurting?" I said seriously, seating her on a bed.

"My leg..." She hissed through her teeth, grasping her sides to hold back sickness.

I knelt down and ignored the fact that everyone had been watching me for the past five or ten minutes.

Hissing again, Lavender grasped her thigh and cried in pain.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on." I said hurriedly, softly moving her hands away from the tights she wore. Flinching back, I stared in shock at the amount of blood spilling from her leg. Lavender looked down and screamed.

"What cut you?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"I-I don't know!" She spoke shrilly. "Someone knocked me backwards and when I landed, something sliced into my leg!"

"Wait," I said, my brain starting to work again. "You fell backwards. The cut is here, up front..."

My stomach lurched and my heart sank. I told her to lean on me to turn around, and when she did, even I went into a panic.

The other side of her thigh was spilling even more blood.

"Lavender, try to stay calm, and come with me." I told her, my voice extrememely shaky at this point. I wrapped my arm around her and called Ginny and Hermione.

"Gin, help me walk Lavender. Hermione, go get Madame Pomfrey and we'll meet you on the way to the hospital wing.

"Hospital wing?!" Lavender cried, her squeaky voice raising. "What happened?"

"I found what cut Lav!" Pavarti called, tossing me a bloodstained sword. On the handle, read 'Godric Gryffindor'

The sword of Gryffindor... Who would be in need to hurt anyone?

My mind snapped only to one person.

Crystal Clear.

Lavender screamed in pain and Ginny and I started walking as fast as we could outside. When we reached the common room, I saw Willa.

"Who the hell unfroze you?" I asked angrily.

She only stared wide-eyed at Lavender, her face clouded with grief. "Oh, Merlin!" She breathed as we parted a path. "I'm so sorry!"

I curled my lip at her. "Too late for apologies, Thomson." I snarled, pushing her out of the way.

I hurried out of the common room with Ginny and a slowing Lavender. After a flight of stairs, she slumped forwards.

"Lavender!" I yelled as she drooped in our grasp. Ginny and I exchanged looks of panic and we set the mousy-brown haired girl down. "Lavender, are you alright?" I aksed worriedly.

(Ginny's P.O.V.)

How did everything go from perfect to hell within a half hour?

It seemed like seconds ago Hermione and I were digging around for nail polish, and now we're rushing Lavender Brown to the hospital wing with a thigh that has been completely penetrated by the sword of Godric Gryffindor.

"Lavender!" I shook her shoulder, making her groan in pain. "Lavender, stay with us!"

She opened her eyes slowly, revealing her bloodshot whites and dull irises. "You're going to be fine, Hermione's on her way with Madame Pomfrey."

"We have to keep her here, and keep her alive." Charlotte said seriously, staring intensley into my eyes, reading my emotions. I nodded and took off one of my knee socks, wrapping it around her thigh. Red instantly pooled around it and I squeaked slightly.

Oh, Merlin, let her live.