Comeback

(Charlotte's P.O.V.)

I tossed my green apple in the air, and sent a burst of wind out of my hand to hover the apple in the air. I looked to my side, where Draco sat. He glanced up at the apple and smiled. I smiled, too. "Still amused by that, Draco?" I pushed him playfully. His eyes met mine and he laughed lightly.

"Yeah. You really need to teach me how to do that." He draped his arm around me.

I chuckled. "Next lesson, Fire Drake."

His eyes went wide. "You're serious?"

I nodded.

"Brilliant!" He kissed me on the cheek and I let the small tornado dissolve and the apple to land in my hand. I took a bite and heard laughing nearby. Turning my head, I saw the same boy who laughed at me when I was crying over Mom and Dad.

"Finally stopped crying, eh?" He snarled.

"Go away, Smith." Draco warned.

"Ooh, Mr. Goody two-shoes is going to save the day again?" He laughed.

Maria approached him, "Devon, go away. They don't want you here."

"And what are they going to do about it, huh?" He challenged. "She's going to cry and bitch, and he's going to comfort her like she's a lost pupp

 Devon, just go!" Maria shouted.

"Fine! But don't expect me to play big brother when you become one of them!" He stalked off.

"Sorry about my brother, Miss Auditore." She bit her lip.

I watched him walk away and felt anger bubble up inside of me. So I did what I always did in these situations.

I stood.

"If I could write you a song,

and make you fall in love,

I would already have you up under my arm.

I used to pull all my tricks,

I hope that you like this.

but you probably won't,

you think you're cooler than me."

I kept my glare on Smith, who kept walking.

"you got designer shades,

just to hide your face and 

you wear them around like 

you're cooler than me.

and you never say hey,

or remember my name.

its probably cuz, 

you think you're cooler than me."

He turned and I jumped over the table, landing swiftly beside him.

"you got your hot crowd,

shoes on your feet,

and you wear them around,

like they ain't shit.

but you don't know,

the way that you look,

when your steps 

make

that.

much.

noise.

Shh."

He opened his mouth, but I cut him off.

"Shh."

"What do you--"

"see I got you,

all figured out,

you need everyone's eyes just to feel seen.

boy, your so vain, 

you probably think that this song is about you.

don't you? don't you?"

His eyes were fixed on mine in a glare and I raised my eyebrows in a challenging way. He spat on the ground and walked away. I smiled to myself and scanned the hall. One girl stood up, clapping slowly. Another boy from Gryffindor followed, and soon enough, everyone was clapping and standing. All but Devon, who sneered at me, which I returned with a step forward. He turned on his heel and left the hall. I felt Draco wrap his arms around my waist.

"Nicely done, Charlotte." He breathed into my ear.

I laughed lightly. "Did I do well?"

"Yes. What song was that?" He dropped his arms and walked around to face me.

"Oh. 'Cooler Than Me by Mike Ponser--with a few adjustments."

"Hm. Is that popular in Canada?"

"It was a while ago. people won't listen to anything over a month old."

"Wow."

I nodded. "Yeah, well I'll see you tonight. I'm off to study."

"Bye." he kissed my forehead and I walked off, letting water swirl around me delicately.

***

I walked up to the statue that night and said, "I need to go up to the dungeons." I was transported to the underground city and I climbed a tall church, crouching like a gargoyle atop the cross. I closed my eyes and strained to think of a "Crystal Clear" that I knew. My thoughts drifted from the girl's name to regret, crashing like frigid waves against the rocky shore of my wandering memories. Who the hell did she think she was and why did she take me away? Most importantly, why couldn't I remember my tragic past until now? I tried to think of the "Obliviate" spell and who would be bad at it. Nobody I knew was imperfect at erasing somebody's memory. The eagle from yesterday screeched loudly. I sighed and remembered "Crystal Clear's" Appearance.

Wavy blond hair and bright violet eyes. Who in the world would have violet eyes?

Who was this girl?

Little did I know that Crystal Clear was somebody I knew.