Following Their Footsteps

Hey, witches, wizards, muggles and creeps!

Second update of today! Yeah! 

I drew a picture of a Kangawhale and it should be either my profile pic. If not, It'll be on here!

Enjoy the chapter!

Love,

~Kangawhale

Draco shook me awake; it was time.

My heart was beating fast as we walked to the Ravenclaw tower undisturbed. Draco told the gorgeous statue that we needed to go up to the dungeons, and were transported to the underground city.

"I am going to climb." I said, in a strange accent, I noticed. As I pulled myself up the wall of a tall tower, I saw Ginny, Harry, and Kate walk in. I smiled to myself and perched on top of the tower. After a moment of climbing, they and Draco were up, as well. 

"I taught you well." I half-grinned. A large clatter to the side made me turn immedeately and I got ready to jump into the lake if I needed to. I relaxed. It was Maria, who dropped a heap of swords and hidden blades. "Impulsive little girl." I muttered before leaping into a dive off the side of the building, yelling, "I got it!" at the top of my lungs before landing in the water. I swam quickly to the shore and sprinted to the weapons. I stopped Maria from picking them up and picked them up myself, holding the hidden blades in my arms on top of the swords, which created a kind of flooring beneath them.

"Everyone down and here!" I shouted. The small group of people on the tower nodded and dove into the water one by one. They jogged up to Maria and I as we carefully gave out the swords first, leaving the hidden blades in their short leather sleeves for our arms and on the ground. "Handle these with extreme care," I explained. "Point them downwards and don't move them unless I say so. We have extras, but they're for the rest of us that are on their way."

As I said this, Hermione, Damon, Orchid, and Ron appeared out of thin air, each holding a small pile of clothing. They walked forwards and dropped them gently on the ground. As Hermione looked up at me, I gave a questioning look. She knew what I was asking. Hermione winked, looked at Ron, and smiled. I grinned back and handed them swords, going over the instructions again.

Next, I picked up the clothing, astonished. Looking one of them over, I saw, on the tip of its hood, were waves. 

'Shore,' I thought. I passed it to Orchid, who caught it with one hand at the shoulder's armour. I moved on to the next assassins' outfit. On this one, there was a wreath of leaves. 'Greek...' I pondered, trying to connect the dots. 'Cesar.' I decided, passing the Roman clothing to Ron. I continued, and soon enough, everyone had received their suits. Damon was staring at the hood, at the cobra. "Venom." I smiled. "It represents venom."

Damon looked up at me, smiled, and felt the inside of the fabric. Meanwhile, Kate looked at hers, where a cresent moon was in perfect contrast with the black and grey designs. Midnight. Harry also looked at his. A misty, brilliant white stag sniffing the blackened air. Hermione's was an owl's eye, which represented Athena's wisdom. I looked down at mine, which wasn't what my code name, Cold Stone, was. It was the very sign of our creed. The golden circles and triangles had stood out against my dark crimson outfit, whereas everyone else's symbols were white with the rest black.

I grinned at Ginny and Orchid, who were exitedly glancing between Ginny's picture of the rapids on her hood and Orchid's, filled with calm waves.

"Well," I said. "You all seem very eager to put these on, so I'll just," I snapped my fingers, and everyone looked down at the clothing they currently wore. "Let you wear them now."

Everyone smiled up at me and I caught Draco's eye. He stared at me for a monet, and then walked up to me. "You look very..." He started.

"What?" I asked. "Strange?"

He shook his head. "Beautiful." He said simply. "And complete."

I grinned, going pink. "You're not half bad yourself, Fire Drake." I stated, pulling his hood over his head and spotting the roaring symbol of a flame. I smiled again, turning to the rest of our creed.

"Alright," I announced. "You can put the swords on the ground for a moment; we'll start with the hidden blades." I passed one stiff, leather sleeve out to everyone before I said, "Now, carefully put them on with the flatter side under your arm." As I did so, a wave of belonging crashed over me. I went ahead and manuvered my wrist so it looked like I was going to give the ground a high-five, and the sharp, flawless design of the dagger poked out from the sleeve. I let my wrist rest, and the blade retracted back into the darkness. I smiled.

I saw the others doing the same, and, with amused eyes, let the blade slide back and forth. I held back a laugh as Maria yelped at her arm, which had made the dagger pop out from her sleeve.

~~~

Class was almost over, and the creed had learned how to properly use a hidden blade. Everyone was exausted, but still faithful to the training; they continued practising.

Distracted, I turned to the swords and picked one up, running my fingers alond the blunt underside of the iron. I slowly swung it to my left, and then downwards, letting it sweep through the air. I grinned. Putting the sword in my scabbard, I looked around at the city.

The eagle from the first time I had visited alone circled the enchanted city skies, screeching loudly. It reminded me of that time I ran from the Borgia.

I was scared, back then.

But this was no time for being scared. Assassins never become scared.

I muttered "Class dissmissed." As I walked off, pulling the hood over my head.

I began to thing of my parents. Jami, Altair, are you out there?

'Those voices, reacing out, la la la la la...'