~55~ Like a lamb to the slaughter.

Start from the beginning

"You Slappy ...follow me." April struts out the moon gate without bothering to shut the barricade behind her. She practically shoves me back down the stone steps to the street level. "Me and you need to have talk away from the house ...where she can't hear."

In other words, Someones Sister unfortunately has something to say, that she feels is uber important for me to hear. Of course, I feel exactly the opposite of this feeling. That she, in fact, has nothing of import I want to hear, and nothing important to say at all.

"I swear to god Slapstick, if you screw this up or hurt my sister in any way ...well other than the obvious? I will flocking end you." She starts off seething. "I will burn your world up so bad, you will wish you were dead. Then I will hunt you down and kill you dead."

April delivers her death threats like they should be the scariest thing in the world to me. Which is a joke, because in my short time on this old big blue salt ball, and with the shit that I've been through and come out almost intact from? Yeah, her wrath about as scary as the proverbial "tempest in a teacup". Her little tantrum is so sad, I almost expect her to use "murderize me" in a sentence.

"Yeah, I know you think I'm just being a bitch, just because I can be." Her eyes narrow into cruel slits. She takes a long second to stare at me before she is satisfied that I have felt her scathing judgment of inadequacy.

"Well guess what? You're absolutely flocking A right! I am because I can." She levels her scathing glare-stare at me. "But you best take me seriously dude, because I swear to god if you hurt May today, I will end you."

"And don't think for a second, I won't tell daddy that you hurt her ...and you're on drugs. No joke, I will rat flock you out to my dad faster than you can say "April's a little lying bitch" three times." She smirks savagely triumphant in her ability to say the truth about herself. "I promise you, daddy will kill you blazing dead, and mount your head on his dead head trophy wall. Trust me, you have no clue what I'm capable of doing to you. If you hurt her today, with all your stupid?"

"You hearing me in there, Slapstick?" She pokes her own forehead to emphasize how hollow it is for me. "I mean, are you seriously hearing what I'm telling you, dude? Cause I really need to know that you are hearing me on this shit? And not doing that lost in local translation thing you like to do."

"What I'm hearing is you make a lot of very vague threats?" I reply calmly back. "So as usual, I have no idea what your problem with me is today. But don't let that stop you from...whatever."

"Are you kidding me with this 'I don't know nothing' bullshit?" April scoffs hard at me.

But when I don't take the bait, she spends a few heartbeats glaring at me harder. Intently searching my eyes for some sign that I understand what the hell she is talking about. Either that or that I am just messing with her empty head. Unfortunately for both of us, she can't seem to find whatever it is that she is looking for.

"Oh my gawd...you're so stupid." She bursts out laughing almost manically, that now I am convinced that she's the one on drugs. "You really are actually that flocking dumb and clueless, aren't you?"

"Okay sure, why not." I shrug her off, and she frowns as if this admission is news to her. I have no idea what she is talking about normally, nor any care at all to ask her to clarify whatever point that she has ever tried to make with me...save for May.

"You're not screwing with me?" Her eyes narrow into accusatory slits. "You seriously have zero clue what I'm up your ass about this time, at all?"

"Not a clue." I agree.