CH 13 | "Cheeky British Bastard."

"Are you sure? I mean, I can always ask them to reschedule our interview, you know." He frowns, placing a damp washcloth on my forehead.

We were supposed to be out promoting the movie on Jimmy Fallon, planning to have a dinner date after the interview. Unfortunately, I had a case of food poisoning after eating week-old sushi. So much for sexytimes tonight.

So here I was, stuck on the couch, binge watching Parks and Rec on Netflix while Robert was still brushing my hair, not wanting to leave me in this house alone.

"No, baby. Jimmy's excited to have us on tonight. Besides, we only have two weeks before the premiere. We can't reschedule without messing up the other interviews." I say. After an hour of begging, he relented and went to get ready for the interview.

"Are you sure?" He asks again as I walk him out the door. "I'll talk to our agents. Come on, Kris. I don't want to leave you."

I give him a tight hug and a peck on the cheek."I'll be fine, Rob. I'll be here watching you on TV and waiting for you to come home. Love you."

With a kiss on the forehead, he whispers, "I kinda love you more."

______________

I zapped the TV on, snuggled up with a blanket and a bowl of soup on the coffee table. I heard the familiar tune of the intro as Jimmy Fallon said his spiel and started the show.

After some hilarious segments, Robert was going to go on air. "Everyone, let's give a warm welcome to Robert Pattinson!" The audience went wild as he appeared on stage.

Hot damn, he's even hotter than my fever.

With a crooked smile and a hand running through his hair, he shook hands with Jimmy and got into his seat.

"Great to see you, Rob!"

"It's great to be here."

"It certainly is! So, what have you been up to?"

"Oh,  I don't know. I'm just bumming around." Laughter erupts from the audience.

"Wow! If you're bumming around now, we can't wait to see you hard at work."

"Yeah. Well, aside from bumming around, I've been working on this new movie, I'm sure you've heard about it?" A still of the two of us fighting flashes on the screen, making the audience scream wildly.

"I'm pretty sure the crowd already has. But go ahead, tell us more about it!"

"Well, for those who don't, it's about two jaded ex-lovers who have to come up with the best love story ever told for a movie they're making. Crazy stuff, I tell you." He says, laughing.

"Speaking of, can you share with us one of your best love stories?" Jimmy asks.

"I've got one. Just about..." Rob pauses, counting his fingers. "nine months ago, I think. Almost ten. I actually made a profile on Tinder."

Oh fuck. Was he going to share our story?

He wouldn't.

Would he? That fucker.

The audience murmured, some audible gasps but most of them wanted him to continue.

"I can hear the shattering hearts of the women who swiped left on you." Jimmy says with a laugh.

Robert, shaking his head at the memory, continued. "Yeah, I was looking at the pictures of the girls, and I was thinking What if one of them was my future wife?  I only made one match, and she was great. Best date I've ever been on."

Aww. So sweet.

"So,  can you tell us more about her? " Jimmy asks, clearly intrigued by his story.

"I don't know if she'd want me to tell the world about her, but I'm pretty sure she's watching this right now."  He waves to the camera, making the audience go awww.

Cheeky British Bastard.

"Alright, after a short break more Robert Pattinson coming up!" Jimmy shouts as the TV cuts to a commercial break. That time, I heard my phone ding. I grabbed it, seeing a text message from Rob.

You watching? -  R

Of course I am. -  K

You think you're so funny, don't you? Telling them about our tinder date. 😡 - K

I didn't tell them about OUR Tinder date. I told them about A tinder date. They didn't know it was you. 😉 - R

Except Jimmy. I told him over the break. - R

Back on air! Love you! 😘 - R

Before I could reply, the OBB started playing. "I'm going to kill him." I muttered to myself.

"So Rob, it seems you have had quite a colorful love life. First, your tinder date, then with your leading lady."

A picture of us having lunch in Providence was flashed on the screen, making the audience shout with joy.

Nope. Now, I'm going to kill them both.

"Ah. Well, Kristen is quite a girl, I tell you."

"Do the two of you share certain qualities with your characters in the movie?"

"No. I actually think it's the exact opposite of us in real life. I mean, usually I'm in dramas, Kristen is great in dramas and indie films. Both of us are used to serious stuff. This RomCom was a different league for us, so we really had fun exploring."

"And how was it to work with Kristen?"

"Kristen? I must say she's the best I ever had."

In more ways than one, I bet.

He continued. "I mean, of all the people I've worked with, we just got on so well that it felt so natural. It was great. She's great. She challenges me, like I can't just be lazy or lousy. I had to match her energy and skill, her passion. I must say, she's the perfect match for me."

And for a split second he winked quickly at the camera.

I'm pretty sure that fucker just killed me.

___________
A/N -

OBB - Opening Bill Board. The clip you watch before a show starts with the names of the actors. The title sequence, basically.

I think I have one more chapter left, then an epilogue. OH MY GOD THIS STORY WAS JUST CRAZY FROM START TO (the near) END.

I just want to say thank you for reading this. It was just supposed to be like two parts, now it has it's own story.

Robsten might not be real anymore, but I hope my story made it feel like it still is. 

I hope you're still hanging on, because the ride isn't over yet, folks. ;)