CH 09 | "Must be the heat."

"Excuse me?" I blink. Where was he going with this?

This seems to pique Robert's interest, lifting his head up to see what Dan had to say.

Dan turns to Rob. "You. You're just what I'm looking for. I've got a movie coming up, and you and Kristen would be perfect." He was absolutely gleaming with joy as we got back to our booth.

"Sure. I'd love to hear what it's about." Rob pulls a chair, eyes focused on Dan and hand perched on my knee.

Dan gets Rob up to speed, telling him the story with excitement in his voice. Robert nods, listening intently. While doing this, Robert's hand slowly getting inches higher up my leg.

Whoa there.

I stiffen slightly, my breath hitching as he continued his ministrations. I didn't dare move. If I did, I probably wouldn't be held responsible for my actions.

Although I'm pretty sure Rob would be absolutely fine with it.

"Kristen, you okay?" Dan asks. "You're looking a bit flushed."

"Yeah. Absolutely fine." I say, nodding a bit too much and sounding a bit out of breath. "Must be the heat."

Robert coughs, trying to hide a laugh. I'm pretty sure he knows what's getting me hot and bothered. Fucker.

And what a fucker he is, though.

I grab a glass of water, trying to cool myself down. I look at him, catching a smirk on his face.

This time, I wanted to do some payback. Gently rubbing his thigh, I slowly inch it higher, mirroring his earlier actions. To my surprise, Robert trapped my hand underneath his. I tried to budge it free, but his grasp was firm, making movement impossible.

Of course, He and Dan continued as if nothing happened.

"So, what do you think?" Dan leans back, asking Robert on his opinion.

"This is brilliant. I'd love to be a part of it." Robert says, a huge grin on his face. Dan turns to me and asks, "How about you, Kris?"

Robert chooses this moment to place my hand on where I was planning to go all along.

"Fuck!" I blurted out. Dan's eyes widened. Robert, however, smiled innocently beside me, rubbing circles on my back.

Trying to save the conversation, and maybe my reputation as well, I continue. "This is amazing, Dan. Thank you." I pull back my hand, trying not to get even further distracted. Music rings in the air, turning out to be Dan's phone.

"Great. Wait, I just have to answer this. Excuse me for a moment. We'll talk about the contracts and other matters later. " Dan slips out of the booth, leaving me and Robert alone.

"You better not think I don't know what you're doing." I say to Robert. He sits there, acting all innocent.

"What do you mean? I'm not doing anything." He replies, a playful smirk still on his face.

"Whatever." I say. I cross my arms, turning away from him.

"Aww, Kris. Don't be like that." He slides into the booth beside, his arm sliding around my waist and hugging me.

How can someone so infuriating be so adorable?

I roll my eyes, trying to resist him.

Ah fuck. Who am I kidding. I turn back to him, kissing him gently. "Fuck you, Pattinson." I said with a smile.

"You can do that anytime, Kris." He said, kissing the spot behind my ear and if he doesn't stop soon, I will jump him on the table.

I slap his arm. "Control yourself, Pattinson. The meal isn't here yet." He drops his head to my shoulder, his laughter sending vibrations down my body. Slowly, he pulls back.

"Well, baby. I can't wait for dessert." With a wink, he pulled away from me.

Damn, I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the food.

_________________

A/N I wonder what these two will do next?

Also, please notice the chapter titles. Am I the only one who finds it hilarious??

Comments give me life (and inspiration to write) 😘