Raphael Gets His Revenge

Raphael checked that Simon was asleep before slipping out of the room. He had called a meeting with all the vampires in the hotel, but he didn't think Simon would appreciate what it was about. He walked down the halls in silence, thinking. He had sworn that he would get revenge and he would. He wouldn't kill her - or let the other vampires kill her - but she needed a little scare. What she had said to Simon had hurt him more than he was letting on, like a stake made of words straight through the heart.

When he arrived the vampires were gathered there, some standing and others perched on the sofas.

"Is everyone here?" He asked, his voice carrying through the large, empty room. There were several murmurs of assent, and with that Raphael began.
"As you know, our fledging has not been himself recently," he said, examining the crowd. "There were some harsh words exchanged when he last visited his family."

Lily frowned and spoke up. "We aren't letting them get away with hurting our fledgling, are we?" She asked.

Several others nodded, their arms crossed.

"Of course not!" Raphael replied. "But there is one condition: No killing."

There were several protests from the older vampires, which Raphael quickly silenced.

"It would only hurt him more. She may have said some awful things but he still loves her." He flashed a grin at them, his fangs gleaming in the light. "Let's go."

It had been easy enough. The Lewis family didn't lock their windows, which made sneaking in a hell of a lot easier. Stan jerked his head towards the closed loving room door, beckoning them. With a nod from Raphael, he twisted the doorknob and opened the door. Simon's mother was sitting on the sofa, a glass of white wine in her hand and a vacant expression etched on her face. Shards of broken glass from picture frames were strewn around the room, and torn up photographs littered the floor.

"She ripped up all the pictures of Simon," Lily whispered as she pieced together a picture ripped in half. She stood up and bared her fangs at the woman on the sofa, the others following suit.

"Now?" Lily asked.

"Now." Raphael answered.

Lily pounced and grabbed Elaine Lewis by the throat, knocking the glass to the floor and successfully bringing her back into reality. Her face paled dramatically as she took in the people before her.

"Who are you?" She whispered.

Raphael smirked and stepped next to Lily. "You recognise me, don't you?" He asked, tilting his head a little.

Elaine paled even more if that was possible, realising where she knew Raphael from.

"We're here for a reason." One of the vampires - Sean - said.

"You hurt our fledgling," Lily seethed.

"I didn't! I've never met your fledgling!" She answered, visually panicking.

"Oh, but you have. You lived with him." Lily said.

"Simon," Elaine said, almost silently. Lily simply nodded.

"You see, we don't take attacks like his lightly. However Simon wouldn't want us to kill you." Raphael said.

"Where is Simon?" Elaine whispered, glancing around.

"Not here. Too upset." Stan answered coldly.

"I didn't mean it," Elaine sobbed. "I was scared but I didn't mean it."

"Then make it up to him."

They got home just before sunrise. Simon was awake and practising guitar when Raphael sauntered into their room.

"Raphael!" He grinned. "I got a text from my mom! She said - well you can just read it." He thrust his phone at Raphael.

From: Mom
Simon, I'm sorry. I was just scared I didn't mean it. Please visit again soon xx

Raphael smiled. "Looks like she had a change of heart." He said, sitting next to Simon. Even though he didn't think she actually meant it, it had cheered Simon up.

"Yeah," he murmured, sending Raphael a blinding smile.

As they fell asleep, Raphael reflected that maybe his fledging wasn't as annoying as he had initially thought.