It seems this is no longer a oneshot...

Simon and Raphael had been together for a few months. The Shadowhunter gang, as Raphael called them, almost all knew. They hadn't explicitly stated it, but they weren't trying to hide it. In fact, the only person who hadn't caught on seemed to be Clary, who didn't seem to notice anything that wasn't about Jace. Simon's family didn't know either. Well, that was until Simon had accidently let something slip while visiting them.

Raphael was sitting down and reading when a guilty looking Simon sidled into the room. Raphael sighed.

"What did you do?" He asked, patting the space next to him for Simon to sit down.

"Well." He started as he sat down. "I was eating dinner with my family yesterday and I kind of, accidently, let slip that I had a boyfriend and now they want to meet you." Raphael looked up from his book and gave Simon a dry look.

"How did you accidently - never mind. When do I need to come over?" Simon grinned, jumping up from where he was sitting.

"Tonight. We leave at nine." And with that, he left the room.

At half past nine, Simon was standing with Raphael in front of his old house. The stab of pain in his chest as he remembered his old life, before he even knew about the shadow world, numbed a little as Raphael squeezed his hand and knocked on the door.

"Hello." He said politely, when Simon's mother answered. "I'm Raphael Santiago, Simon's boyfriend." He gave her a forced smile. She ushered them inside and guided them into the living room.

"I dont know why you insist on arriving so late, but dinner is ready." Raphael shot Simon a look as if to say 'She doesn't know?' Simon replied with a shake of his head. They sat down at the table where his sister had already started eating, Raphael looking slightly uncomfortable. It struck Simon that he wouldn't have had a family dinner for a long time. Conversation was slightly strained, with Raphael having to make up practically a whole new life on the spot, to cover up the fact that he was 70 years old. It was about halfway through the evening where things started to go wrong.

"Raphael!" Simon whispered, his voice laced with panic. "I need to feed, I dont know what to do!"

Raphael was glad he came prepared. "I've got some blood bags with me. Come on." After they both excused themselves from the table, they went up to Simons room. Unfortunately for them, two people leaving the table at the same time for no reason didn't go unnoticed. When the door opened, both Raphael and Simon froze. As did Simon's mother when saw what was going on.

"Is that...blood?" She asked weakly.

Simon slowly nodded while Raphael continued to not move.

"You'd better explain then." She said sharply as she began to walk down the stairs.

"Raphael what do I do?" Simon asked, the panic clear in his voice.

Raphael gave him a soft kiss. "You have no choice but to tell her."

Simon nodded, and they went downstairs, hands tightly woven together.

Explaining was harder than anticipated. Telling your mother that you were kidnapped and you're now a vampire isn't the easiest task. When they had finished explaining, she gave them a cold look.

"I am not having a blood sucking monster in my house. Get. Out." Simon was frozen. This couldn't be happening. Only the sound of Raphael snarling snapped him out of his trance. He allowed himself to be pulled out of the house by his hand, his mother watching them go.

"Simon? Bebé? It's okay, let's get back home, yes?"

Raphael guided Simon back home by the hand, whispering reassuring phrases to him. The moment they entered Raphael's bedroom, Simon
broke down and began to cry.

"She hates me." Raphael wrapped his arms around Simon, stroking his hair and kissing him softly.

"You have me, I'm here, shh."

When Simon eventually feel asleep, dry, red tears on his face, Raphael swore he would get revenge.