Saphael Oneshot

Raphael didn't know how much more of this he could take. Currently, Simon was rambling about something from the mundane world, and Raphael was half listening, half wondering about how he could be so damn oblivious. If he wasn't careful he would end up randomly jumping Simon, and he wasn't sure just how well that would go down. Fate must have taken his words "Can this idiot get any cuter" as a challenge, because lo and behold, the mundane became a vampire. And Raphael had to admit, the fangs suited him. Right now, Simon was talking about - was he talking about a vampire movie? This was too common of an occurrence for Raphael's sanity.

"Can we please steer the conversation away from bad modern vampire movies?" Simon looked up from his rambling, obviously surprised that Raphael was actually listening to what he was saying. He seemed to lose himself in thought for a moment, causing a rare silence in the hotel. Before Simon, Hotel Dumort had been quiet. Raphael was starting to miss the peace.

"I've just realised that I don't know a lot about you, Raphael." He grinned. Raphael already knew what was coming next. "How old are you?" Raphael let out a suffering sigh he may as well humour him.

"Seventy. Turned when I was fifteen." Simon let out a small laugh.

"You're so old." Even Raphael's glare didn't stop his quiet laughs. "You don't have to answer this one but, what was your family like?" Raphael looked away from Simon, suddenly quiet.

Simon didn't want to upset Raphael, but he barely knew anything about him. Just as he was about to apologise for asking, he heard Raphael answer in a small voice.

"My mother was Guadalupe Santiago, and I had some younger brothers, too." It was obvious that he wasn't going to say any more on the topic. A thought struck Simon. He wanted to see if he had a chance with Raphael, so why not ask. Discreetly, of course.

"Do you like anyone at the moment? Like, uh, like-like, to put it in a middle school way?" Raphael seemed surprised by the question and looked like he was debating with himself how to answer. "I do. They are incredibly annoying sometimes, and they have an unhealthy obsession with mundane things, for a downworlder. They used to dress awfully until I let them borrow some of my clothes. As long as they didn't ruin the jackets, of course." Simon let out a sad smile. He was glad Raphael had found someone he liked, even if it wasn't Simon.

"Do they like you back?" He asked.

"I don't know, you tell me." Simon was confused.

"How can I tell you though?" Raphael gave him an utterly exasperated look.

"You really are the most oblivious person I've met, How do you not get this? Because I'm talking about you, idiota." Simon felt the sadness lifting.

"Well, I like you too."

"That's nice to know."