We Can Learn To Love Again

My phone rang, I hurried as I tried to get it out of my over-sized purse. I finally found it and answered it, It was Candice, my co-star and my dearest friend from the Vampire Diaries. "Hey Nina, um.. I'm throwing a little get together at my house with the cast, it's tonight are you able to come?" Candice asked me. I tried to think back to my calendar, am I busy I thought to myself, no I'm not. "OK, I'll be there in a few" I replied to her. "I invited everyone..... including Ian" Candice admitted shyly.

I started breathing hard. It's been about four months since we'd broken up, because he wanted kids, to get married, but I'm not ready for that. I wanna finish my career, I'd love to settle down with him have some kids, but just not now. I still love Ian with all my heart, I'd go back to him in a heartbeat but I'm just not ready. But the bad thing is I'm dating Derek Hough. He is smart,funny, and he was there when I needed someone after Ian and I split. "Umm...", I said in the phone trying not to be heard. "It's fine I'll deal with it, I'll still go" I answered surely to her. "Yay this is great, I'll see you in a few" She told me. "Bye" "Bye" We both said to each other.

I got ready, I put on my favorite light green shorts and just a plain t-shirt with my fedora hat. I looked in the mirror. I was missing something. I walked slowly into my room took my pink lip gloss and went through my hot pink jewelry box with black rhinestones. As I was looking through it I found my bracelet that Ian gave me for my 22nd birthday, I remembered when I got it I never took it off and Ian always seemed happy when I was wearing it.

It was special because it was the pretty silver and before I opened it he took me outside away from everyone and told me to open it, it had my name in carved in it and it said "I, Ian will love you always and happy birthday", when I finished reading it I looked up at him and smiled, after a second he just kissed me. It felt wonderful, like we were floating in the sky and we were not coming down, it was way more than one of our Delena kisses on the show.

It was much more passionate, I felt something, my heart was beating so fast and loud I thought that he heard it. As he pulled away we just stood there looking at each other, then I pulled him closer to me, my hands on the back his soft neck, and continued kissing him. I ran my finger across my lips after I thought about it, then went back to reality, and looked at my watch it was 6:27, I put on the lip gloss then hesitated to put on the bracelet Ian had given me but I ended up putting it on anyways. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I drove to Candice's house listening to one of my favorite song Lights by Ellie Goulding. I sang along to it as I pulled up on the curb.

There was other cars so I knew I wasn't the first one. I looked at my watch it was 6:57. I took of my tight black seat belt and turned the car keys to off, then took out my keys. And got out of my car and rang the doorbell. Candice opened the door and gave me a big hug. "So glad you could make it, I got a lot of cancelers today" she said as she squeezed me tightly so I couldn't breathe. Candice has a beautiful house the walls were painted bright red, she had paintings on the walls, it was a big house for just her and her husband Joe. Maybe they're planning to have kids soon? The house was 2 stories and smelt amazingly unreal.

"What fragrance is this" I said smelling the air." I don't know Joe picked it out" Candice said thinking about it. That's very impressive I thought, Candice really choose a great man and when I think about this I think of Ian. We finally turned the corner into the living room as I entered I spotted Kat, Steven, Claire, and ...... Ian. I breathed in and out really nervous. Then as my gaze met his, he looked down. Did I do something wrong?

Candice had one long couch facing the direction to the TV. She had a bunch of movies my guess it's going to be movie night. Then on the ground was a comforter with pillows in front of the couch.. Then Candice announced "everyone have a seat". Claire took part of the comforter on the right, then Steven took the next spot next to her, then Ian, the couch was taken up by Candice and Kat, and the other only spot was with the comforter right next to Ian. Candice noticed then she motioned me over into the hall. I walked over to her. "Are you comfortable sitting with Ian, I can switch spots with you" Candice offered.