Step 22: Popular Girl Mafia

Start from the beginning

I groaned as I stuffed a small bite of pizza in my mouth before also getting up and fleeing the table.

"You owe me lunch." I grumbled.

"We can't leave campus."

"Then bring me lunch." I retorted as I threw my not-finshed food away.

"What was that?"

"Austin said something to Kevin and they both looked at us and pointed and laughed."

My eyes went wide.

I grabbed Alle and shoved her into the nearest spot where the mafia couldn't hear us.

"You said what now?" I panicked.

"Austin leaned over and told Kevin something. Then they started looking at us then the whole table started laughing. And I'm pretty sure it was about that snapchat Austin had sent you."

I couldn't breathe.

My heart literally was in my stomach.

"You're telling me that-" I couldn't even finish my sentence as Alle pulled me over to Audie, June, and Jade.

"Code red!" I breathed out.

"What's going on?" Jade asked.

I explained.

"And what did Austin's snapchat say?" June asked, confused.

" 'Dirty things are fun' " I quoted.

Her face scrunched up.

Audie was over in  the corner coming up with scenerios I suppose.

"My biggest concern is what if Austin is just mad I rejected him and is telling Kevin all kinds of stuff about me?" I hissed, gripping my hair.

"F*ck if I haven't been through that enough times." June leaned against the wall.

"Apple was laughing?" Audie confirmed. "That's what Alle said." I nodded.

"You know what I just learned to say f*ck it and go around flipping people off." Jade shrugged.

It wasn't that simple for me.

"I'm just worried whether or not Kevin listens." I sighed. I knew I shouldn't care, but I do. I've been in love with this guy since fourth freaking grade! That's insane!

I thought the whole thing over.

"I don't know it was weird Tate pulled up a chair and they just started talking then that happened." Alle shrugged.

I groaned.

"I didn't even think about the popular girl mafia!" I hissed.

"Why do you call them the mafia?" Alle asked for what seemed like the tenth time today.

"Because they can do anything!" I retorted.

"Not anything but they do have social power." Jade shrugged.

"Next hour we have them too." Alle added.

I didn't even think about that!

"Number one rule next hour, keep your ears open!" I told Alle.

"And if they say anything about you then I'll tell them something!" Alle nodded.

I tried to fight it but gave up seeing as Alle was stubborn.

"It was so weird we were talking about them and they were talking about us!" Alle laughed.

I couldn't even laugh at the irony because my mind was racing.