29

Harry walks around his living room, watering can in hand. Plants grow all around and he loves the smell of having them all close together in one place. It feels surreal to have his own place, his own decor more alive than anyone would have probably liked.

"Hey, Tarzan, watering your jungle?" Louis' voice weaves around him and makes him turn on the spot. Harry can't help the silly grin on his face at the sight of him.

"How'd you get in?" He asks - not that he's upset.

"Guy downstairs let me in and you didn't lock your door. You should do that," Louis scolds him slightly and Harry shrugs.

"Not like I have much to steal," Harry reminds him, gesturing around the still almost empty room.

"I don't care about your stuff. Just lock your door alright?" Louis' little frown and the crease between his eyebrows shows Harry he's serious so he nods.

"Okay. Doors locked from now on," Harry agrees, still nodding his head. Louis smiles his pretty, satisfied smile and then opens his arms slightly. Harry quickly succumbs to the offer and moves into his arms receiving a quick, affectionate kiss.

"How was school?" Harry asks, still holding the watering can and wishing he dropped it so he could hug Louis better. Louis lets him go though and grabs the can from his hands and starts to water the plants he hasn't.

"School was okay. Went to James' after," Louis tells him casually but Harry's reaction doesn't match his carefree tone. Jealousy and suspicion quickly rise in his like venom and he's about to lash out when Louis looks up, his blue eyes becoming foggy when he spots his face.

"I know what you're thinking and the answer is hell no," Louis tells him, his voice not holding any anger at Harry for assuming the worst.

"Why'd you go over?" Harry hates himself for sounding cold and even asking the question. He trusts Louis. He loves Louis. His heart shouldn't be preparing itself for more heartbreak but it is.

"We have a project together. I'll be over there a few more times this week... Brittany is in the group too," Louis adds and Harry tries to relax but all he can think about is last time. Last time he trusted and loved someone.

"You guys get anything done?" Harry asks, trying to sound like a trusting, good boyfriend and hating himself for not.

"Not really. Your friend Charlie was there and pretty much kept us distracted," Louis explains and for whatever reason Harry relaxes fully at the mention on the other man.

"How is he?" Harry asks and Louis smiles slightly.

"He asked the same about you. He's good. Asked about our awkward stage and I said we figured it out. Gave him your number... Hope that's okay," Louis rushes out the last part and Harry tilts his head.

"You gave him my number?" He asks in confusion. His boyfriend was giving other people his number? Is that normal relationship things? Was Louis trying to get rid of him?

"Yeah. I just thought maybe you'd be okay with having someone else to talk to besides me. I imagine I get annoying at times," Louis jokes and Harry smiles. Louis is helping not be dependant. Louis is pushing him to stand on his own and create his own life that isn't all about him and only him. He's not locking him in a dungeon, he's opening the doors and showing him the world.

"I wasn't going to say anything," Harry jokes back and Louis laughs, a sound that could even the most hateful man feel love.

"Any big plans for the night? I know I just barged in," Louis says, putting the watering can on the floor and looking at him. Harry shrugs, wishing he had more of a life but also happy he doesn't because he has time for Louis.