22

"You shut your whore mouth!" Louis shouts at Niall, throwing popcorn at him. Harry laughs from the couch, watching Louis lose Mario Kart again and listening to Niall cheer obnoxiously.

"My whore mouth will remain open and it will celebrate because you suck!" Niall shouts back, throwing his arms in the air.

"Wouldn't you suck? Because you're the one with the whore mouth?" Sophia asks, lounging on a big recliner with Liam. Niall shoots her a glare as Louis laughs, shoving him.

"Horan with his whore mouth," Louis chants now ignoring Niall's character doing victory laps on the television. Liam joins in as he gets up to take Louis' place and Louis trots over to the couch, smiling gleefully as he plops down next to Harry.

"Sore loser?" Harry whispers, his smile finally starting to feel natural on his face. After his talk with Louis, he's felt lighter and happier. He's felt more human.

"Only when there's a sore winner," Louis admits, watching the other two boys now racing.

"I have a question," Harry leans close to whisper in Louis' ear. It's not that he doesn't want the others to hear or cares, it's just that he likes to be close to Louis.

"What is it?" Louis whispers back, his face painfully prettier up close and the freckles that dust his nose adorable and childlike.

"Can you take me into town this weekend? I want to look at your school... And maybe for a job. I don't have much of a resume-"

"I can help you with that! We'll work on that before we go," Louis looks proud of him like he's been waiting for Harry to ask this. Harry feels his own sense of pride rise inside him and he leans down and rests his head on Louis' shoulder, the boy sneaking his arm around him.

"Thank you," Harry tells him, closing his eyes as he gets comfortable. He's never on edge in this house and even less so with Louis. He knows nothing will ever hurt him if Louis' with him and it's a nice feeling.

"Gay," Niall calls behind him, glancing at the two cuddled on the couch. Liam snorts but his eyes remain on the tv as he passes Niall and moves into first.

"It's cute," Sophia fires from where she's sitting, looking at Niall with narrowed eyes. Harry blushes at the mention of them being cute.

"Didn't say it wasn't," Niall informs her, leaning closer to the tv as he hits Liam with a shell. "Just said it's gay. Which it is. It's a joke, fifi, calm down."

"You bitch!" Liam screams as Niall goes through the finish line, winning again.

"I'm the fucking master! I am king! You may all bow down!" He jumps up, throwing the remote on the floor and dancing.

"Go play," Louis mumbles into his hair and Harry can't help but notice how Louis leaves a kiss there. He shouldn't be allowing this. He can't hurt Louis. It's too soon for kisses and he's so weak he can't even tell him to stop.

"Harry?" Niall offers him the other remote and Harry bites his lip and then gets up. Louis is watching him with fond and happiness and Sophia cheers as he sits with Niall.

"I haven't played this in years," Harry admits, feeling giddy at the chance to be young and have fun with friends.

"Wouldn't matter anyway. I'm the ruler of this game," Niall tells him. The race starts and Harry quickly falls behind Niall. He's not doing as bad as he anticipated and he grins when he actually hits Niall with a red shell and he hears Louis cheer behind him.