It's Been a While

It's been a while since Jesse and her friends defeated the horrific Wither Storm; a while since Reuben died. Through all the physical, mental, and emotional pain the raven haired girl went through, a good thing did come out of the trouble. That was Petra.

The red head pulled Jesse through her depressive state, although not entirely, she did manage to make Jesse's life worth living. There would be evenings where the traumatized girl would wake up in the middle of the night screaming for her beloved pig. She would wake everyone in the Palace; everyone in a rush to get to her. Yet it was Petra who pushed through group and was always first. The go-getter wasn't your typical girl, she didn't care to comfort people mostly because she didn't know how, but with Jesse it came naturally.

It's been a while since the two girls confessed their feelings for one another. That was the happiest anyone had seen Jesse for a long time. The inseparable couple were always seen together. Whether it be exploring caves, traveling to the Nether, strolling through town, everywhere. Yet they never tired each other's presence.
~
"Petra?" Jesse whispered into the red head's chest. "Are you still awake?"

"Yeah...I am. What's up?" She said groggily.

Jesse kept quiet for a minute before she took hold of her girlfriend's hand. "It's been a while since we've been together now..."

"Yeah it has." Petra used her free hand to rub circles into the back of Jesse's head.

"I don't know what I would've done if you never walked into my life." She breathed softly, the scent of Petra filling her nostrils.

"What are you talking about? We've known each other since we were six, I've always been in your life." She chuckled softly before squeezing Jesse's hand.

"I know, I know. What I meant was. When you became my girlfriend. You helped me when I was at my worst... I know you don't like when I say this but because of you I'm still here," Tears started to form in Jesse's eyes. "what I'm trying to say is, we've been together for a while. It's obvious how much we lo-" Jesse discontinued her little speech and sat up right, Petra following by using her elbows to prop herself up.

"Jesse-"

The crying girl cut her off. "We haven't said 'I love you' yet. And to tell you the truth I don't know why I'm crying about it," Jesse rambled. "It's probably because I'm remembering Reuben and Ellegaard..."

"Jesse." Petra smiled and used a thumb to wipe away Jesse's tears. "I haven't said it yet because actions speak louder than words. Three words aren't enough. Not for me. But, Jesse, I love you. I love you so much that I'd gladly throw away my bandana away, right now, for you." Petra laughed.

Jesse smiled and crashed lips with Petra, causing the pale girl to fall back onto her pillow. "You don't have to throw away your piece of cloth." Jesse smiled.

"Good because I wasn't going to anyway."

Jesse gasped, then a grin appeared across her face. "Why you little..."

"Jesse. Wait no! Put my shirt down! Don't you dare! Jesse!" Petra's screams quickly became into a hysterical laugh as cold fingers danced across her stomach.

Well this was fun. Might have fangirled with my own one shot but who cares.