“Well, that’s good.”

“Yeah it’s good. Our pack is more like a family which a lot of the members like. We would do anything, and stick up for one another no matter what. I grew up here, and I’m grateful I did because I wouldn't change it for the world. Anyways, we should go if we want to get to dinner on time,” Derek said, opening the front door for us. We walked in first to the massive living room, and Derek followed us, closing the door behind him.

The room alone was huge with a fireplace against the wall between two bright white windows that had darker blue shades. The fireplace was also surrounded by a nice black and blue couch with two single chairs that were exactly the same color. Under the chairs was a carpet that had swirls of black and blue going in different directions. It was all put together with a single coffee table in the center which you could see was made from a maple tree. They had cut a pretty big size bit of a maple tree then cut that into thinner bits before putting a protective seal over it so the wood wouldn’t decay over time. There was a small TV near one corner of the carpet not too far from the fireplace and a table behind the TV. They had a small section for books with two single chairs that were black and blue that sat around the bookshelf.

“It’s a really nice room,” Steve said finally stepping away from Kiana.

Kiana agreed with him as she walked to the bookcase looking at the different novels that were there. “Where did you get all these books?”

“The library just outside of town. We live about six miles from the place, and once in a while we go and visit their free book section. A lot of people just give books away that they don't want any more to the library for swapping,” Derek answered her not exactly looking at her as he spoke.

“Would anyone be willing to bring me there one day?” Kiana asked turning around again to face Derek with a small smile. The girl was trying even if he wasn't her mate.

“I’m going to have to ask another member of the pack, for that. I know a few visit every few days, a lot of them being the younger teenagers.”

At that she nodded but she seemed quite sadden at how he dissed her invitation. “What about the rest of the house?’

“Well the kitchen is through that door,” Derek said pointing to the door to his left before he continued, “It has the wooden counters just like the wood coffee table here. The fridge is new because we had just replaced it.” He pointed to the newly white metal fridge. “The one on the right is the dining room which has a nicely preserved table, as well as newly bought chairs. In the back, just behind the stairs is the main bathroom. If you follow me up the stairs, I can show you the bedrooms and then you can choose which ones you would like. Did you guys happen to have clothes by the way?”

“We had them at the hotel. We booked the place for the last three weeks, but I guess the place isn’t needed anymore so we could get our stuff tomorrow morning,” I answered Derek.

He nodded before heading up the curved white stairs that were against the wall.

When we got to the top of the stairs, Derek pointed to the left and spoke. “The room here is the master bedroom. It has its own closet and bathroom as well as having a small balcony. We’ll look at that room first then continue to the other three rooms afterwards.”

“Okay,” Steve said, heading that way. Derek followed him with Kiana and I in the back of the group.

Steve was the first one to open the bedroom’s door to a nice sized room with an already set up black and red bed, and a dark brown dresser against the far wall. A TV was on top of the dresser next to a small black and red lamp. There was also three doors, two on the opposite sides of one another while the third one was in the center of the wall leading to the balcony. “Looks like we know who’s getting this room without even having a say in it, right, Lucas?” Steve asked with a laugh.