***

My mind was on other things as I swiped the knife over the toast, spreading the purple jam. I didn’t hear Harry enter the kitchen. It startled me when his arms wrapped round my waist from behind. I smiled as he hummed in my ear, resting his head on my shoulder. He tickled my neck with his plump lips leaving teasing kisses across my skin.

“I don’t like waking up alone.” He mumbled. “I thought you had made a run for it.”

His words confirmed to me that my assumption was correct. He was scared.

“I had to get head start, what with your long legs.” I teased.

This only encouraged him further, his teeth nipping at my exposed shoulder as he playfully growled. I wiggled round in his hold, laughing as he pressed me between his body and the worktop. His eyes fell to my mouth as I brought my bottom lip between my teeth. I watched as his pink tongue slipped out, wetting his lips.

“Oh I um…”

We both swiftly turned to see my mum stood in the doorway. Her eyes quickly shifting, uncertain on where to look as Harry stood in his low slung, grey joggers. However, this didn’t seem to faze him as he smiled at her, wrapping his arms round my waist from behind before kissing the top of my head. Harry’s t shirt hung loosely off my shoulder and I silently praised myself for putting on some shorts. My hair cascaded over my front in waves. Apparently I had inherited my rosy cheeks from my mother.

“I’ll um..just…”

She turned quickly and headed down the hall to the living room. It hadn’t been my intention for my mum to discover us like this, but there was little I could do about the situation. However, the male who was currently kissing at my neck appeared to have no discontent with the scene. I pecked Harry on the cheek, moving to the doorway. A giggle escaped my lips as he grabbed my hand, effortlessly tugging me back to him. He left a heavy kiss to my mouth before flicking his head to the door in indication. I squeaked as he squeezed my bum, slapping it lightly in encouragement.

“Go and put a top on.” I laughed.

I watched him cheekily take a bite out of the toast before jogging over to the door and up the stairs to my room. My body took in a deep breath as I prepared myself to have the inevitable conversation with my mum. I found her sat on the sofa, her eyes darting up to me as I walked through the door.

“Bo.” She smiled.

She stood from her position, quickly wrapping her arms round me. I smiled as she kissed my cheek. Her hands went to my shoulders, holding me at arm’s length, curiously peering at me. Her auburn hair was taken back in a ponytail, soft blue gaze holding mine. She still adorned her nurse uniform, the pale colour something she disliked about working at the hospital.

“So, you and Harry.”

A blush crept onto my cheeks as I gave her a small nod, finding it a little difficult to meet her eye contact. She squeezed my shoulders.

“You were safe?” Her eyebrows rose questioningly at me.

“Oh god, mum yes.” I squirmed.

She lightly nodded in relief, her smile returning. The heat hadn’t had a chance to disappear from my face before another wave of embarrassment rolled through. I hastily brought my hair round to cover the spot I knew Harry’s lips had brought blood to the surface on my neck. A reminder of our intimate activities the night before. My mum mumbled something about being young as she laughed.

“I told you he was sweet.”

She had no idea the events that had taken place the space she had last seen Harry. But I found myself smiling, she was right.