Chapter 4

After a conversation about the ark dying I felt a little bit worried about my parents, I hope they have enough oxygen to last until they can make it safely to the ground. Broken from my thoughts when I heard a splash, noticing Octavia had jumped in the water at the bottom of the hill.
"Octavia are you crazy, we can't swim" I said worried for her.
"I know but we can stand" she said standing up in the water, with a smile on her face.
"Wait. There not supposed to be a river here" Clarke said being a buzzkill, yet again.
"Well there is so take off your damn clothes." Finn said.
"Octavia get out of the water" jasper yelled. It all happened so fast one second Octavia was there and the next she was dragged underwater. I could here the others screaming and talking about rolling a rock in the water, but my eyes were to busy focused on Octavia. I was so worried about her, I could barely even think until Jasper pulled her out of the water. As soon as Octavia got off the floor I hugged her. Then we all started to walk to find a place to sleep for the night. Finding a nice little spot near the river everyone started talking about ways to get across the river. Not being able to think of much I decided to leave them to talk about it and went sit under a big tree. Seconds later Octavia joined me.
"Hey" she said.
"Hi, how's your leg?" I asked
"It's fine. Hey um, I never really got to thank you for defending me that day in the dropship, so thank you. I'm really happy I made a friend like you." She said surprising me.
"We're friends? I've never had a friend before." I said happily.
"Well you do now, we should get some sleep we still have a long way to walk tomorrow." She said laying down.
"Yeah" I mumbled laying down next to her and closing my eyes before drifting off into a deep sleep.