one// - asian boi's hair

MICHAEL'S POV [the pov alternates]  

The bell rung. It screeched throughout campus. I haven't heard the morning bell in ages.. Wow. Morning announcements, what a surprise- I didn't even know they existed. There are so many things I never knew about, for actually coming. To. School. and On. Time.

"Hey," an Asian boy rushes into class, panting. His hair is evidently messed up underneath the gray beanie falling off his head. He gives a weak smile, that travels to creases from his eyes, to the teacher. "Sorry, Mrs... um... Smith??"

The teacher shakes her head and sighs, "It's Ms. Silveira. Sit down, Mr. Hood, we'll talk later." The class laughs nervously. I attempt guffawing silently. It didn't work, it looked like I was vibrating in my desk. Frankly, I only just learned my teacher's name, too.

The boy readjusts his hair and puts his beanie back on. Oh, his hair is completely fucked up. It's as if he attempted bleaching his hair and it just screwed up so it looks like he's a hardcore swimmer with an odd streak of caramel in the front of his black hair. And that fringe, oh my god that fringe. This is hilarious.

"No hats in school," Ms. Silveira says sternly.

Calum takes the beanie off in defeat and ruffles his hair, he places himself in the desk behind me. How convenient. "Your hair is completely screwed up," I chuckle to him and reposition myself to face him.

He blushes self-consciously, "Don't remind me."

Ms. Silveira signals for me to turn around and face the SMART board with a map of highlighted countries. "You should know that every term includes a project which is part of the 60% determining your final grade. In other words, don't screw up," she says sharply earning a couple nervous laughs. "Year 11 World History focuses on countries and its technological advances. So, for the next month, you'll be assigned a project with a partner -- I'm choosing -- to research the contributions of new technology from a country of your choice..." I tune her out, I don't plan on doing it anyways.

Our teacher begins calling out partnerships, "Luke and Aleisha." Ha, loser. I've seen him off campus failing to flirt with the girl as his mother watched him from afar. It's really a sight to see. "Michael and... Calum." Okay, who the hell is Calum? The Asian boy from before taps my shoulder twice. On instinct, I turn around like a deer in the headlights. Ahh, Asian boi is my partner.

"Okay, on a scale of 1-10; how Asian are you, and how much do you want to get this project done?" I narrow my eyes at him, "Because I have shit to do, and places to go."

"On what?" Calum spats, "Drugs and parties?"

I sputter incomprehensible words. The dude has a point. I rarely I have shit to do, so there is literally no reason for me not to go to school. "Wooahhhh," I put my hands up feigning surrender, "You're really Asian I suppose." I assume that aggravated him.