Chapter 1

DRAKE-

"Yo wassup man," my homeboy Mark walked up to me

"Not shit. I'm tired as hell, I don't even know why I came to school today."

"I feel you mang. I'll see you in math."

"Aight bye," I sighed

I made my way to my first period, English. Literally the best class to get sleep in. I sat in the back of the classroom, just like everyday, put my hoodie on and laid my head down.

Time to get this nap in.

"Good Morning class. I would like to introduce a new student. Her name is Leilani, she just moved here from Miami. You can take a seat in the back hun"

I lifted my head off the desk to see who this girl was. She was cute, I guess. She had long, curly, dark brown hair and a perfect smile. Her skin was a little tanner than mine but the thing that really caught my attention, was her green eyes, I bet you could see them from a mile away. Her style from what I could see was dope. She was way better looking than most of the girls here in Toronto.

"She fine bro," Marco nudged me

"Yea, she's ok," I chuckled

"I'ma go introduce myself."

Leilani-

My first day at a new school, saying I'm nervous would be an understatement. No one likes being the new student, you have to make new friends and basically restart your whole life.

But it was my decision to move here to Toronto. After my parents got a divorce when I was 12, I was torn between living with my mom or my dad. Being a big mamas girl, I chose to stay in Miami with my mom.

That's where I made my mistake, I love my mom with all my heart but she's not very responsible. To make a long story short, she loves to party. Probably more than she loves me.

I was tired of the nights where she threw parties at our house, and I was tired of treating her morning hangovers.

I left everything and everyone I once knew, to be up here with my dad. Hopefully this move won't go down in vain.

Everything's for a reason.

After my usual morning routine, I decided to straighten my unruly, curly hair, I want everyone's first impression of me to be good. I slipped on my favorite shirt, a light blue blouse with lace trim and lastly I put on dark wash jeans and slipped on my black flats.

"Leilani it's time to go!" My dad yelled from downstairs

"Ok! I'm coming!"

I looked over myself one last time in the mirror before I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs.

"You look beautiful sweetheart"

"Thanks dad" I smiled

"Lets go"

**

I walked into the empty school, great, I'm late on my first day. I pulled my schedule out of my pocket,

1st period:

B140-English-Ms. Hill

Luckily I found the room in no time. I opened up the door and all eyes were on me, oh god.

"Hello," the teacher smiled as she walked towards me

"Hi," I smiled weakly

"Good Morning class. I would like to introduce a new student. Her name is Leilani, she just moved here from Miami. You can take a seat in the back hun."