10.

Melanie Stephen

I laid up in bed and smiled at the messages between Michael and I. He was such a goofball sometimes. I started typing when I got a call from Jules.

"Come open the door." She demanded. I rolled my eyes standing up to head towards my door and unlocked it revealing Jules dressed very...distinguished. I hung up my phone and she walked in, plopping down on my couch.

"Uh a good morning would be nice Jules." I said standing in front of her with a hand placed on my hip. She looked over to me and removed her sunglasses.

"I'm sorry good morning Melanie, ugh if you would've just went out with me last night you would be feeling the same way." She put them back on.

"What are you talking about?"

"Remember the guy from the firm, Ryan?" She said sitting up removing her sweater.

"Uh yeah I remember why? What happened?" I said taking the seat in front of her.

"So he took me out to this restaurant then afterward we went to this club and got sooo wasted mamacita." She smiled. My eyes widened.

"Jules are you serious?! So what I'm assuming y'all fucked too right?"

"You know it!" She said in a high pitched tone.

"Was it good?"

"Girllll was it? I never knew he could put it down like that." She said all dramatic.

"Awww at least you got some, I haven't yet." I said rolling my eyes, standing up to go in the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Wait. You haven't got any yet? What about that Michael guy you were telling me about?" She said trailing behind me.

"I mean he's a good guy and I don't want to get attached to him, I mean I won't say he's clingy, but I can't be with him. I've met two other guys while here though."

"Who are they." She asked with a 'bitch you better tell me' face.

"My boss and this guy named Jayceon." I said pursing my lips together.

"Woah woah woah hold up. Did you just say your boss?" She asked.

"Yeah. I didn't tell you, but we sorta had like this moment in his office that just made me melt. The way he smelled, how he held me, and just everything about him made me want him more, but he's a complete ass and I'm not gonna be with anyone like that."

"Damnnnn Mel back at it again. What about the Jayshon guy."

"It's Jayceon and I think I'm just taking it slow so like starting off as friends"

"Okay whatever you decide I'm cool with it but give your boss my number if you not interested cause I just might be." She said sticking her tongue out.

"You're stupid." I laughed as I cracked eggs in the bowl. She continued to babble on about her perfect night with Ryan while I just stood there thinking about if I'll ever be with someone I genuinely love.

"I mean he's terrible, but the job pays really well too." I said talking to My brother on the phone. He called me after finding out some news that he could possibly get released early than expected.