Chapter 14

Maddie's POV

I was currently training with Nat. No powers but I kept tricking her by changing what she sees. "Maddie, how are you not melting?" She asked, gesturing to the jumper I wore over the top of my sports bra and shorts. "I'm weird so." I said trying to get off of the topic but she continued. "But, still. Come on you must be boiling." She said taking off the tape on her knuckles. "Yeah I am a bit but I don't like taking it off." I said and took the tape off of my own knuckles. "But you have an amazing figure." She said and we walked out of the training room. "Thanks but that's not why I don't like taking it off. I just prefer having my arms covered." I lied and walked to get a bottle of water before she could question me. "Maddie, what happened to your lip?" Pietro asked as I walked into the kitchen to see him, Tony, Steve and Bucky all discussing something but went quiet when I walked in the room, well until Piet asked the question. "Training with Nat. She accidently hit my lip to hard." I stated. I could hear them all say 'oh' and 'that's happened to me before' but they didn't get back onto the topic that they ere discussing before I walked in. I walked back out and they went back to talking. I walked back in but changed what they saw, so they couldn't see me. "Yeah but Buck. There is something wrong with her. I mean she always seems so depressed." Tony said. "Yeah she is but I am going to be there for her." Bucky said.   "But what if she goes the next step and self harms? What will you do then?" Steve asked. "Well that's already happened so I will do what I'm doing know." Bucky said. Wait did he just tell them. "Wait. Did you just say that she self harms? That would explain the long sleeves and bracelets." Pietro said. "What I didn't say she self harms, did I?" He asked and that was when I broke down and they saw me run out the room. "What did I do? I wasn't meant to tell you, she wanted to do that." I heard Bucky say from down the hallway.

I was in my room packing a bag to leave this place. Of the person I thought I was in love with would go and tell the my deepest secret. I mean only a few people know and I wanted to tell the rest of them. But no. He told. So they're going to think I'm even weaker. Not only do I scar my skin my skin with cuts and burns but still want to hurt more, but I don't even have to courage to tell my team mates. I take a piece of paper and write that I'm just going for a while but I'm not coming back. I walked out my room, my back on my shoulder, and saw Bucky sat next to the door. He tried to talk to me but I gave him a note. Not the one that I was leaving but a different one. I kept the other note in my hand and walked away  from Bucky he hadn't looked at the note, just stared at my figure disappearing down the hallway. I saw Tony on the way to the door and gave him the note that said I was leaving for a bit and also to tell the rest of the team what Bucky told him. And with that I walked out the door and left the Avengers behind. I decided I was going to go to Queens. I know Queens isn't that far from Manhattan but it was a nice distance away from it. Plus, if I decide to go back then I wouldn't have to travel that far. Plus I know there is one young superhero there and I'm sure he could use some help. I bucked a hotel on the train I took and I saw I had messages from the Avengers.

Nat- Maddie, come back. I don't care if you cut, you are part of this family.                                             Steve- M, he didn't mean to tell us. We don't think less of you. Please we need you here.          Wanda- Madders,no one thinks differently of you. Just tell us where you are and we can come get you

I decided to turn my phone off and just respond later. Anyway, Wanda couldn't getin my mind because I put up a barrier and I'm stronger than her so she cant break it. That means that they can't find me. I will talk to them when I want to.And maybe Bucky will message me when he's read the note, more like letter.But till then I'll help this superhero in Queens and go back to living in a hotel.