~5 ⟁ world turned around

You and Ilia worked in silence, but it wasn't a pleasant one. More like a choking silence where something had to be said so it wouldn't be so awkward. Letting out a deep breath, you decided that addressing the outburst to Link and Bo was in order.

"You didn't have to shout at Link and Bo like that you know... And before you shout at me again, let me tell you I get the fact that you were upset with them, but still!" You looked over to Ilia, taking your hands away from Epona, crossing them under your chest. You needed to get the message to her. "There was no need to shout at them like that, Link probably already felt bad enough that knowing that Epona was hurt; he didn't need you to add salt to the wound."

Ilia stopped splashing water onto Epona and slowly turned her head towards you. A guilty and sadden look adorned her face, like she knew what she did was wrong, but before she could say anything, a voice called out from the other side of the gate. It was Colin, asking if he could come in. Of course neither of you wanted to deny the little boy of that, so Ilia went and unlocked the gate for him, locking it back up after he was in.

Walking up beside you, Colin began to whisper something. "Link's on his way to get Epona back.... Is Ilia still mad?"

You face palmed, telling Colin all he needed to know. Suddenly you could hear the sound of footsteps coming from the other side of the gate. Speaking of the devil, you thought walking over to the gate, Colin in toe, and sure enough there stood Link on the other side. But before either of you could say anything, Ilia spotted him, shouting at him to come back when his 'attitude' changes.

The only one with attitude right now is you, you thought turning back to Link. "Hey, you remember that one tunnel we used to use as kids when the Spring was locked up?" you asked the blonde.

Link nods, remembering the times when you and him would sneak in and just relax in the sandy shore, looking up at the night sky.

"Great, use that while Colin and I tell Ilia about yesterday," you looked over to the short blonde standing next to you. Colin gave you a smile and a nod, showing he was all good with the plan. With him here as back up, Ilia was for sure going to listen now.

Link gave you a curt nod and a smile, before jogging back the way he came in order to reach the small tunnel. You watched him until he was out of sight, turning back to Colin.

"Alright, let's go talk to Ilia, shall we?" Colin nodded his head once again, taking your hand into his and leading you back over to Ilia, who was furiously cleaning Epona's leg, without hurting her of course. You cleared your throat, gaining your sister's attention.

"Ilia, we need to talk---" and then you and Colin began to explain of what had happened yesterday, giving full detail of Talo's capture and how Link was not at fault here.

In the end, Ilia looked crestfallen. She couldn't believe what troubles her sister and childhood friend had to go through. She had just assumed that Link was being careless... but that wasn't like him at all, her anger had clouded her vision and she just lashed out.

"I... I had no idea. I'm sorry for shouting at you [Y/n], and for at father and Link. But Colin--" Ilia was interrupted by Epona giving out a happy whinny and snort, making you all look to she what the mare was so hyped about.

It was Link, making you smile a little. You sauntered over to the Hylian, giving him a playful punch in the shoulder.

"Glad you could make it." You smile at him, Link returning the gesture.

"Wasn't like I could get lost." He replies.

You rolled your eyes at him, gazing over to Ilia. A sigh let the older girl's mouth as she smiled towards you and Link, but you could tell it was meant for him.

"Don't worry about Epona, Link. Luckily her injury isn't too serious, so I suppose you could make your trip today.... Just, could you promise me something? Same goes to you [Y/n]."

Ilia's voice drew your attention as it had been on something else because of Ilia only talking to Link. It was honestly times like these when you felt that Ilia had feelings for the blonde, which in turn made a slight pain in your heart. But there was another reason for your mind to be somewhere else, you could swear you could hear the distant sound of hoof-beats, almost thunder like..... Strange.

"Promise me... you won't do anything out of your league--getting hurt in the process--no matter what happens on your journey. Just come back home safely, okay?"

Link gently smiled at Ilia, from your point of view it almost looked lovingly, but that couldn't have been true, right? It was plain to see that his answer was yes to Ilia's question, but you were having a rough time with it.

"I can't promise that I'll stay out of trouble--" Link roughly elbowed your side causing you to glare at him, before clearing your throat and turning back to Ilia, who also wore a disapproving look "--but, I'll try. It's the least I can do for my sister," you brightly smile at her.

Then you heard it again, the sound of thundering hooves, making you turn serious. And to make things worse, it felt like the ground was shaking as well. You looked over to Link worriedly, hoping it was just your imagination, but he two wore the same look as you.

And then it felt like everything was moving in slow motion. A wild looking bore crashed down the Spring's gate, two weird green archer goblins riding it, making everyone ran away from it; Ilia and Colin on one side, with you and Link split up from them.

If only you had been quicker, if only you had been with her! You thought as your very own sister was shot before your eyes, her body collapsing in the clear waters below.

"Ilia!!" You screamed out, trying to get to her. Quickly you reached to your hip to draw out your sword.... only it wasn't there.

Suddenly a searing pain shot through the back of your head, making black dots dance around in your vision as your body went limp. Soon after you collapsed in the water just like Ilia had, only being able to watch as the horrid bulbins grabbed your sister and Colin. You could see Link rushing towards them as well, but he was met with the same fate as you.

"Ilia....Colin.....Link...." you mumbled out the names of your friends, before darkness closed around you, your mind shutting off as you fainted.

If only you had been quicker, if only you had your weapon to fight.... If only, if only...