~5 ⟁ world turned around

Start from the beginning

"What happened? She's injured here, isn't she?" Ilia demands, and from the corner of your eye, you could see Link wince slightly. You weren't in any better shape. Epona may not be your horse, but you loved her just the same.

Ilia suddenly whirled around, stomping up to Link. "Link!! How could you, pushing her around like that?! I bet you did it while jumping fences!"

You watched as Ilia shouts at Link, the latter not being able to say anything in reply to your hotheaded sister. You could practically see the smoke coming out of Ilia's ears, her green eyes burning with anger. And this is what you had to deal with last night, so you knew how this was going to end if someone didn't intervene.... like right now.

"Ilia, there's no need to get so hot with him--" Bo tried to calm down his daughter, but she only glared at him in reply, equally as angered with him as she was with Link at the moment.

"FATHER!!!" Ilia shouted, making the man jump back a little in shock. "How can you be so easy on him? You're the MAYOR for crying out loud! You should start acting like one!"

Great, not only was Link upset now but so was your father. You gently placed at hand on your best friend's shoulder as he hung his head in shame. Suddenly you could feel an intense glare staring at you, making you nervously look up. Ilia was staring at you, a look of what you guessed to be disapproval.

"Don't think you're off the hook [Y/n]. You're just as bad as these two! Honestly," Ilia put a hand to her forehead, "I excepted more from you!"

You dropped your hand from Link's shoulder, looking down at your feet. To be far, it kind of hurt hearing her say this, even if she did say it a lot. But this time it felt different, probably because of how serious she looked. You heard Ilia let out a sigh, but you kept your eyes trained on your feet.

".....To make up for that, you're coming with me!" You felt Ilia grab your arm, dragging you with her as she walked Epona to the Spirit Spring, claiming she was going to help Epona use the waters to heal her wound. You flinched at the word 'wound'; you knew it wasn't Link's fault or the fences that she was hurt... It was probably when you went out to recuse Talo.

"Ilia about Epona..." You began, feeling the need to clear Link's name; he didn't deserve Ilia's rage at all, but before you could finish she cut you off.

"Relax, I don't blame you.... My anger just clouded my vision and I yelled at you." Ilia looks over at you, a guilty look on her face. "I'm sorry about that..."

You wave off her apology, with a nervous smile. You wanted to clear Link's name but ended up clearing your own. Nice....

You thought up of different ways to convince Ilia that Epona wasn't hurt under--how should I say?--normal circumstances. Without even noticing, you had made it into the Spring, the cold water taking you away from your thoughts.

Ilia led Epona into the Spring's waters, leaving her there and walking past you to the gate. You watched in confusion, which quickly morphed into surprise once you saw her close the gates and lock them up. Wow, she must have been really upset with Link this time.

"Don't just stand there, help me out a little," Ilia called out to you from the center of the Spring where she was now slashing water onto Epona's leg, washing out the wound. "Think of it as a way to redeem yourself."

You let out a sigh, Ilia was going to hard to talk to especially with her being like this. She literally just locked the gate to keep Link out, how exactly were you going to get through to her? Deciding that you would think farther into it, you joined Ilia with helping her clean Epona's leg. Upon closer inspection, you could see that there was indeed a cut in the mare's flesh. It wasn't deep, but it would get infected if it wasn't treated soon.