Chapter Three (rewritten)

December 25, 1914

It has been 913 years since Samantha and Henrik died and became the shadows of Kol and Niklaus. Samantha eventually got uses to being Kol's shadow, the only part of being Kol's shadow that Samantha found hard to get used to was the fact that she could feel all the mental emotions and physical pain that Kol did. 

Throughout the last 913 years Kol had been slowly but surely losing his sanity. He was alone, in his mind he had nothing to live for but he couldn't die so he didn't care about what he was doing. 

Today Kol had decided he wanted to see how his remaining siblings were doing nowadays since he had not seen them for a few centuries. He also just wanted to see some familiar faces. 

Kol had ran away after he said his last goodbyes to Samantha at her grave. He simply couldn't bear the pain so he turned his emotions off, well, that's what he told himself. He then became reckless and uncaring. Kol had briefly seen the rest of his siblings a few times in the first few centuries of being vampires, however, for the past 300 years Kol, and in turn Samantha, had not seen the rest of their siblings at all. 

Kol had recently received a letter inviting him to the Mikaelson Christmas Ball. After much thought, he took the chance to finally see his siblings, even though he did not plan on speaking with them or even getting seen by them. 

------------

Once Kol had arrived at the Ball, unknowingly with Samantha not far behind him, Samantha instantly looked up at the stairs and saw her siblings. Scanning through her siblings, she finally saw Niklaus with Henrik standing next to him. Samantha could not contain her happiness at finally getting to see her twin brother after so many agonising years of being away from one another. 

When all of the guests began making their way to the ballroom, Samantha hung back as much as she could so that she could talk to Henrik. It was proving difficult though since Samantha could not be away from Kol for a long amount of time since the magic making her his shadow kept trying to pull her to his side. 

"Hello Henrik, you have no idea how happy I am to see you!" Samantha said whilst hugging him, he hugged back instantly with the same enthusiasm. 

"Oh Sammy, I've missed you so much," Henrik said with tears in his eyes.

"I've missed you too, brother." Samantha replied with tears falling down her face. 

"What have you and Kol been up to all of these years?" Henrik asks.

"A lot, it's a long and painful story if I'm honest. If I had more time I'd explain it more but in short, Kol has been losing his humanity for the past 913 years." Samantha said sadly.

"That is terrible, I hate that mother did this to them, they never wanted any of it." Henrik said angrily. 

"I know, it's not fair. What have you and Nik been up to then?" Samantha asked Henrik.

"Well where do I start," Henrik bitterly laughed, "Nik has become, to put it lightly, a hateful monster and all he cares about now is power and having people fear him. Oh, how did I forget, he also bloody daggers our siblings and puts them in coffins until he feels nice enough or needs something from them to wake them up." Henrik finished, Samantha could tell that what Niklaus was doing was making Henrik angry. 

"It's a shame really. If father hadn't been so nasty to him, he may have turned out different. Nonetheless, I still love him no matter what he has done. I believe he can recover." Samantha said. 

"I wish I could say the same, sister." Henrik said. 

Just as Samantha was about to reply, Kol uses his vampire speed to get out of the ball and back to the old, small house that he was temporarily residing in. Before Samantha could say goodbye to Henrik, she was already at the house where Kol was drinking the blood of a woman he took from the ball.