He was laying it on thick. Looking around I could tell that all of his followers were buying what he was selling. He paced the stairs his hands behind his back as he was decked out in his armor. He looked the part of someone important. I hated to be the one to tell him he wasn't.

"We will stop the Blood Demon Kenji and in term the Great Demon Lord Ban from bringing hell to earth." There were cheers in the cheer. I could see the smile on Rhett's lips. His people pumping his ego more. "For too long we have been suffering from the infection known as demon kind."

That was a bit rude. I didn't think of myself as an infection. I had all my shots and everything. "For too long they have fed on us, treating as if we are nothing more than cattle." That was because to demons they were. I'm sure lots of demons would want nothing more than to stick a barcode on human asses and take them to the slaughter house when the time was right.

"Earth is ours by birth right. God made us in his image, not them." He hasn't been reading the Bible correctly. Demons were just fallen angels. That meant God made us as well. Which God would he be speaking of in the first place. Nowadays there was so many. "We cannot allow the demon scum to take it from us."

The men and women standing with us started to beat on the chest plates they wore. Whichever weapon they held slapped against the armor making a rhythmic beat. There was no less than two hundred individuals in the courtyard.

They already held and kiss their families. Already told them what to do if they didn't come home. They prayed to their God and they made peace with whatever held them here. Was this really the time to listen to empty words from an idiot leader. Or was this the time to be alone, to collect yourself. To ask if death was what you were truly ready for.

I've learned no one is ever ready for death. Still he walks beside you, he sits with you, he eats across the table from you. Death, the bastard he is lies, on top of you. He crushes you on a daily basis. Most of us are just too dumb, too blind to ever notice. Death isn't a stranger. He's an old friend that watches your every move, he's an enemy waiting to strike.

"Today is the start of our greatness. Today Kenji dies by our hands. Today the Gods wins." Rhett finished and there were roars of his people. I shook my head. If this was what it took, I suppose it was needed. It was just said that all of those words meant nothing.

They all bowed their heads praying to Gods that didn't give two shits if they lived or died. Once they were finished, we all got into vans. The field that this was going to happen on was a little over five hours away. Out in the middle of nowhere where no innocents would be hurt.

I yawned as I sat in the grass. We were waiting for Kenji to show himself. I had my doubts that he would come here. The time was drawing near. Only two days left until the big showdown. Ban would want all of his tools before it was showtime.

"I feel honored," it had been two hours but that voice was unmistakably Kenji. Jumping to my feet I could see the Blood Demon. He stood on the other side of the invisible line Rhett seem to have drawn. I was at the front of the line with Fang, Soji, Rhett, and Able. The rest of this small army was behind us.

"Even Ban's beloved Natsu came to greet me. I feel so special. I leave gifts for others everywhere I go. No one has ever gone something so nice for little old me."

"Probably because you're an asshole," I spoke up and Kenji frowned as he looked over at me. I could feel my fangs pushing down. This was it then. The moment we have been waiting for. I owed him a death. For Shu and his family. For Rai would couldn't be here. I owed Kenji blood as I took my pound of flesh.

"Ban won't be here to save you this time," Kenji said and my black flames surrounded my hands.

"Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I rushed towards Kenji. Lesser demons popping up over the field to engage the other. I reached him, and he ducked as I swung at him. I followed up with a kick landing it to his ribs.