There should have been stairs this far away from the cities. It shouldn't have been a full moon today either. A blood moon at that. It made my stomach twist. Something was very wrong here. I felt as if we had walked into a trap. As if it was going to be the slaughter from the club again. I squeezed my eyes shut against that thought. There was no way I would allow that to happen.

My eyes opened again looking at the redness the moon held. It rippled like a drop of water falling into a pond. This pond was made of blood. The drips were the tears of the damned. There was something rare and beautifully haunting about the sight. It threatened to move my soul. I turned away from the moon. It was unnatural just like the fog.

The others had been looking up at the moon as well. Rai stepped away from me as she stared. I frowned glancing at the moon again. What was it about this place? What was it about the moon. I felt so heavy. My mind felt fuzzy. Everything was done in soft shadows. There was no sharp edgy around.

"Why are you here?" Emiko asked and I frowned at her. She was looking at me as she spoke. Why the fuck did she think, I was here? Telling her to shut up or go choke on a prick was probably rude. "I didn't mean for it to happen. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." What was she talking about? She finally lost her mind.

Soji held up his hand taking a step towards her. He paused for a moment before stepping away. He took another step back shaking his head at Emiko. My frown deepen. What were they doing? Soji was still backing away from Emiko. I wouldn't want to be near her either, but he never had that problem before.

"Forgive me, Father," Soji whispered but he was looking out into nothing. The fog cleared and it seemed to have left madness in its wake. I reached for Rai. If everyone was going crazy, she needed to stick close to me. Grabbing her hand, she stared at me with this blank look on her face. I could see her visibility quaking with fear.

Fear, it was coming off of them in waves. Korku was the fear demon. All of their fears were mixing together. This was all about fear. We were here after a fear demon. This wasn't just his powers though. Someone was helping him. There was no way that a B-Class demon could put this many mages under at once.

"What do you see, Rai?" I asked and my nose turned up when I smelt the tang of piss. Looking down I could see her pants darken. She pissed herself. The only thing that has ever made Rai so scared she wet the bed was the Sandman. She watched the movie with me once when she was a girl. It scared her so badly she had nightmares for years afterward.

"Fang," I spoke turning around to see the man. Just like the others he was looking out at the vast emptiness that surrounded us. He started to walk taking a few slow steps towards whatever he was seeing. Then he took off running. This seemed to be the signal for some mass panic between the others. Splitting up they all ran in different directions.

Swearing in my head I wondered if I should go after them or find Korku and end this name. A fear demon power was to make you experience your worse nightmare. To trap you into that nightmare. I faced a fear demon before. I took the orb that held his powers and now that same power rested inside of me.

I heard a scream and I took off down the street towards it. "Rai!" I yelled her name my feet pushing me faster. How was it that she gotten so far so fast. I didn't understand this place. It wasn't anything like the last fear demon I fought. This was so much stronger. Pausing I waited to listen until I heard another scream.

My feet pushed me faster until I rounded a corner seeing Rai. She was backing her as she looked in front of her. Her back pressed against the wall of a building. Her vines were whipping at the empty air. Her fingers were over her ears as tears ran from her eyes.

Rushing over to her I grabbed her shoulders making her look at me. "What is Rai? What do you see?" I asked her shaking her should. The trick to beating a fear demon was no longer letting his illusions hold power over you. You had to face your worst nightmare and survive. It was something very few people could do.