"Why are you here?" I asked looking up at him. Why had he come here? Why was he helping me? He held up his other hand and I could see the chain that held a ring on it. The silver band dripped water as Ban held it up in the air. I knew the ring well, it had been a part of mine since the day I died.

There were four jewels evenly spaced around the band. A ruby, an emerald, a diamond, and the last stone was a sapphire. Between each stone was words carved in gold. The words weren't in any language humans knew. Inside of the band, only one word was carved. Ban.

I reached for the ring, but Ban yanked it away from me. My fingers pressed down and I watched as Ban leaned closer to me. He unfastened the chain before placing it around my neck. Reaching up I touched the ring at the end of the chain. It heated softly, the same way it always seemed to when Ban was nearby.

"You're letting your hunger control you, Natsu. You almost lost something important. Stop denying what you are." His body pressed closer to mine. I squeezed my eyes shut against the memory of him. The last time I met Ban was five years ago. He had killed my sister-in-law.

"What am I?" I asked looking up at him. His fingers dragged down my chest catching my nipple. I hissed out the pleasure it causes. I could see that perfect smile on his face.

"You're a demon, Natsu. Start acting like one." I was a demon. I knew that. I died at the hands of this man. When woke up three days later wasn't the same boy I had been. I was different. I was a demon now. My fingers reached out towards Ban. My palm spreaded across his chest.

I begged to live and Ban still killed me. Now I was hungry all the time. I wanted blood as the hours went by. I didn't know how to pull myself from the fog of hunger. By admitting what I was? I shook my head. Even if I was a demon, I was something more. I was something different. I wasn't like Ban. I had been human once.

I could feel his fingers grab my chin. He made me raise my head to look at him. I could feel his body rubbing against mine. It awoke a new desire inside of me. One that had nothing to do with blood and everything to do with the burning need to touch Ban. To be touched by Ban.

"Natsu, one day you'll understand." What would I understand? That there was no use holding on to what I once was. That my human life was over and I needed to be a demon. I hated demons. How could I be something that I loathed?

"I'm not like you." I refused to be like him. Or maybe I was just lying to myself. After all, I had killed everyone in this place. Yet I felt nothing for their deaths. The guilt that should have crippled me no longer existed inside of me. I was hungry. They had been my meal. I didn't feel guilty about the cow who died to make my burger. Why should I feel guilty about the human whom blood I drank? Was it the same thing?

"You're right," Ban spoke and I looked into his black eyes. I was right? "You're so much more." He leaned down pressing his lips to mine. Under the spray of the hot water, I could feel myself yield to him so completely.

My eyes snapped open and there was a weight against my shoulder. My eyes shifted to see strawberry blonde hair. My lips pulled up into a slight smile as I brushed some of Soji's hair out of his face. He shifted in his seat beside me snuggling up closer.

Why did this make me happy? Why was the fact that he was sleeping peacefully against me . . . familiar. It felt as if something was pulling at my brain. It demanded that I remembered something important. Every time I tried there was only the fog and the haze of going in and coming out of the hunger.

The memories I had of my clarity only Kaleb and Ban was there waiting for me. So why did something inside of me want to remember Soji? It didn't make sense, but few things in life ever do. My eyes shifted from Soji to the front of the car.