He hissed out slightly as the room filled with the overwhelming sweet scent of his blood. It smelled like a field of flowers. My stomach roar and it took every ounce of self-control I had not to lean down and lick away the bead of blood that bubbled from the boy's neck.

"Enough," the woman spoke her voice shaking slightly. "You are going to give him back to us." She was worried that I wasn't going to keep up my end. I was a demon there was no need for me to hold true to my word. I lost my family. I wasn't going to take away someone else.

"We still need him. He knows what Ban and Keji are plotting." I scoffed at that notion. I didn't have a clue what dumb and dumber was plotting. I don't know why they were with Maya or what they were doing in that club. The only thing that I'm sure of is that I ruined at least a part of their plan when I killed Maya.

"Soji is more important than any of that." She turned to me again. Her eyes locking with mine. I tilted my head to the side as I glared back at her. What did she see when she looked at me? Just a demon, or could she tell my life story? "You are the worse kind of demon. To hide behind Soji like some kind of coward."

"Cowardice? I call it inventive thinking." I needed to get out of here and the pure boy was my ticket back to Amy and Rai. Someone had to make it back to them. Someone had to tell them that Shu wasn't coming home. I shook my head shaking those thoughts away.

The woman took a step back and the others that were in the room followed her lead. They opened up a hole so that I could walk through it. I held Soji tighter to me making sure that if they attacked me I would at least kill the boy before they took me down.

We walked our steps were slow as we backed out towards the door. In the hallway, I saw the last boy that was at the club with Soji and the woman. He was the one that blasted me through the door. He didn't look at me. He was looking at Soji. I watched as the white mage gave his head a small nod. My fingers dug in again slightly. I wanted to discourage any foolish acts of bravery.

If he were still and quiet, we both would be back in our bed by this time tomorrow. There were people filling the halls. They were all watching as they stood in the doorway. I could see the group that had been in the room with us following. I walked backward keeping my eyes on the woman that seemed to be the leader of this group.

The third eye was opened on my head. It gave me a three-hundred and sixty degree of the people around me. Even though, my back was to the door I would be walking out of I could still see it with the third eye. None of them were going to be sneaking up on me thinking that they could ruin the one chance that I had at freedom.

The doors were opened for me as I backed out of them. I could see a car pulling up. The driver got out of it walking away from the car as I pulled Soji down the stairs towards the car with me. The whole group had come out of the doors behind us. They stopped on the stairs glaring down at us as I reached the car.

Pulling it open I slide inside pulling Soji in with me. I climbed over to the driver seat looking over at the white mage. For someone who was being kidnaped he didn't look the part. There was no fear in him. He was smiling and even waved at the group that was on the steps. Who was this boy? I frowned but threw the car into drive and took off away from the group of holy rollers and their church.

Soji was asleep in the passenger seat when I made it to the first town. Linkenwood was a nine hour drive away from Hollden. Nine hours away from home. Now that I was so close I didn't even know if I had it in me to make home. What would Amy think? What would Rai do? They would hate me. Both of them would finally see me for the demon that I really was.

My eyes shifted to the sleeping boy. He was so . . . Carefree. How could he just fall to sleep in the car with me? Did he not think I was going to hurt him? Why would he put so much trust in me? I frowned as I reached out pushing his hair from his face. Why did I feel so . . . Familiar with him? It felt as if something inside of my soul knew him.