"We'll take them after the song." Maybe Kenji would be gone by then. I was hoping that he would be. Then we could send Maya back to hell and go home. Shu would be upset he missed his chance. I would promise him there would be another. Tonight was just too dangerous.

Shu looked towards me. I didn't know what he was reading in my eyes. Maybe he wanted to know what I was doing. Maybe he wanted to know why I wanted him to wait. I just didn't want him to die. Shu was my best friend. I can't remember if I had one of those when I was human. I did know that Shu had been my best friend since the day I met him. He looked past my demon parts and saw me.

"Welcome," Kenji spoke into the microphone. "We all know what you came here for." A quick look around the room showed me he had everyone's attention. Did these humans not know they were in the presence of the Blood Demon. Or did they just not care their lives were in danger.

"You want to hear her sing." There were loud cheers from nearly everyone in the club. They wanted Maya to come on stage. "You want to bathe in her dark light as you fall deeper into her words. You want to be devoured by her song." There were more cheers, but this speech sounded more like a demon's way of saving grace before their meal.

I could smell the blood in the air even before it was spilled. Just like you could smell the April shower before the rain came. I swallowed, my eyes shifting around the room. He had these people under his spell. Or maybe this was Maya. Just how powerful was this demon? Had I underestimated her?

"How sweet your blood will taste when infused with her powers." There was a fang tooth grin that he gave these people. He was going to slaughter them all. Shu came to this realization too. His finger was going to his gun again my hand was still on his wrist. Now wasn't the time.

Kenji's eyes shifted around the room. I could see him sniff at the air. Could he smell the demon in the room? Or was it the bloodline that so boldly hunted him that he was smelling. Maybe it was both that drew his eyes to our table.

"I won't waste any more of you time. After all, I'm famished." With that he walked off the stage. At this point, Dante and Shu put in their earplugs. I made a show of putting mine in as well. I didn't turn them on. I wanted to hear her sing. I wanted to know how her song was going to affect these people. Maya walked onto the stage and the whole room went crazy as she stood at the microphone. Could they not see the horns on her head? Did they not see that their pretty little singer was a demon?

She probably had them all glamor. It was a low-rank magic trick for demons who didn't possess a human form. They could make the weak willed them as humans and not the demons they were. I knew that everyone at my table saw her for what she truly was.

The song that Maya sang wasn't in any language I understood. Yet I could feel the power in her words. It was a soft, sad tone that had men and women sitting on the edge of their seats. They were all . . . memorized by her. I miscalculated her powers. With just a few notes, she had power over this whole room. I thought her powers only worked on men, but the women were just as caught up.

Aya was crying, I didn't warn her to wear earplugs. I didn't think she would need them. Now she was under the spell that Maya was casting. Shit, we walked into their trap. We needed to kill Maya and run.

Kenji walked back onto the stage. I watched as he whispered something into Maya's ear. She only nodded her head before Kenji walked away again. She looked towards our table and the demon's eyes locked with mine. The tune of her song changed. I could feel it ripping through my soul like a wave breaking down the walls of a dam.

My fangs pushed down, my nails grew, my black hair turned white as it flowed down my back. At last my wings burst free. Her song brought my demon form to the surface. How? How did some B-Class demon lure me into her trap?