Chapter 11

"So speaking of mom and dad, where are they?" He asked looking at the empty house. "Mom and dad would rather give me money to stay away than spend some time with me." I say. "So I guess it's a tradition they hold." He sighed. I smiled. "I guess. But tell me about you. All we've been doing is talking about me. How are you?" I asked. "I'm good. And I actuallly came to tell you something." He said taking my pizza. I give him the look. "Oh. Am I not supposed to?" He asks. I nod. He takes a bite anyway.

"What did you come to tell me anyway?" I growl. "Well all of you but they aren't here so...I joined the navy." He said. I froze. "Like the army navy? Like guns and bullets navy?" I asked. "You do know the difference between them right?" He asked. I shook my head. "That doesn't matter. You still joined some part of those so called heroes." I say. "Laura." He said. "I know. I know but how could you just decide this without talking to me first?" I asked. "Because I felt this is what I should do." He said.

"Liam!" I shout. "Laura." He said. "That's not fair. Why would you ever?" I asked. "Because I want to make a difference." He said. "You can do that by starting programs and making clothes for the needy and fixing our artifical government." I say. He gave me a look. "Why are you so against this?" He asked. "Do you know how much danger you are putting yourself into?" I asked angrily. "I'm aware." He said bluntly. "So what in your mind said you should do that?" I asked. "My heart." He said. "Your heart is stupid." I say crossing my arms.

"My heart is stupid? I'm going out there to protect you. And our country." He said. "Who is going to protect those other countries? You know the countries your trying to protect me from? They need safety and security too! The navy is not your suit! Neither is the army! Going around killing innocent people thinking they are part of organizations that they have nothing to do with!" I huff. "Okay! Woah! Where are you getting all of this from?" He asked. "Liam stay! Please! I'm begging you!" I say to him. "I won't. And this is my decision." He said storming off. I sighed.

I ate the quart ice cream and angrily finished my pizza. How could he just do that? I know his heart is in the right place but how could he just come back to tell me he is just about to leave and might never return!!? How selfish! Okay. Now I hear it. I sound selfish. He's just trying to do right and I yelled at him for it. I sighed scrolling through the list of movies to watch. I landed on Saving Private Ryan and selected it. It seemed good to me.

The movie was brutal. Grusome. Rated R. What if this happened my brother?  I know he's doing it to fight for what's right but come on. The people dying and killing each other for no reason. They met on the battlefield. They could become amazing friends one day but no they are forced to kill each other for the honor of their stupid country. If you kill you are not honoring anyone. It seems harsh but for centuries that's all people did and it's so sad. Sadder than my life right now. I got up and took a trip down memory lane.

"I don't know what love is..but I know I never felt like this. Your kiss is magic. Like a circle..yeah its perfectness.." Sounds perfect. "Whose it about?" I smiled looking at him. He puts the guitar down. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "Just checking up on you." I say stuffing my hands into my pockets. He looks at me up and down before uttering another word. I smile. "Why?" He asks. "I thought we were cool. And I miss you." I say. He chuckles. "Right. Right. I'm fine." He said. I know that. Damn boy.

"What brings you here?" He asked. "I already told you." I say. "You told me some of it. There is more to it than that." He said getting off his bed and putting his guitar by it on the ground. I walk in and sit by his laptop. "Well that's all to it." I say. "Laura. I know you. That's not entirely true." He says. I rotate the seat so I'm facing him. "It was a bad idea. I'm sorry." I say covering my face. "What was?" He asked. "Coming here. I know your just being nice and all." I say.

"Okay. What's going on with you?" He asked. "Liam joined the navy." I blurt out. "What? Why?" He asked. "Because that's what he wants to do for the rest of his life. His heart told him to. The only family I have left and he's leaving me too. I guess it's just me driving everyone away." I say. "Hey. Don't say that. That's not true." He said. "Yes it us. My parents left ever since they seen I could fend for myself. They send money every month but no note saying they love me and can't wait to come home." I say.

"Maybe their just busy and couldn't get around to it." He said. I look at him. "Liam came back a few hours ago and left after our disagreement." I say. "People disagree all the time. He just needs to cool off." He said. "I drove you away too. I'm bound to do that with everyone." I say. "We wouldn't be here if that were true now would we?" He asked. "I'm sorry about what happened. I truly am. I just hope there is some way I can make it up to you." I say. "There is."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel like I'm boring you guys. The book will pick up soon.😉
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤